vip 622 question

hort22

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
recorded golf from 12-6 today...got home and started to watch the recording...after about 2 hours (i just usually hit the skip button and skim) the recording stops and says its done...the dvr also did this when i tried to record the british...the red light was still on when i got home before the event had stopped and the dvr said the event was 6 hours in length...what is going on...i have plenty of room on the dvr...any suggestions?

never had any problems recording other normal length shows

This has happened to me. From time to time, long sporting events are "split-up" in the programming guide. Why? Don't know. Sounds like this is what might have happened two hours in. Next time, check the guide and make sure there are no splits or segments to the same coverage. A Fail-Safe would be to set a manual timer. A bit of a hassle.

recorded golf from 12-6 today...got home and started to watch the recording...after about 2 hours (i just usually hit the skip button and skim) the recording stops and says its done...the dvr also did this when i tried to record the british...the red light was still on when i got home before the event had stopped and the dvr said the event was 6 hours in length...what is going on...i have plenty of room on the dvr...any suggestions?

never had any problems recording other normal length shows
You say you are watching the event while it is still being recorded? Did you go to the DVR listing and select the event and then select Start Over? If you did, by any chance did you at any time press stop?

no i didnt start to watch the program until it was done...just had checked to see that it was still recording a bit before 6 PM...and in the my recordings section it wasnt broken up into pieces...it said PGA championship 6:00 or 6 hours whatever it says for a length...and didnt press stop as there was noone at the house from noon to a bit before 6...anyone have any other suggestions..thanks guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)