VIP 722 DVR "Values"

hossbuilder

Original poster
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
Hello all, I am new here.

My 722 has started losing all of its DVR recordings and programming every night. If I do a power off / hard reboot in the morning, everything returns. I called DISH and their tech concluded my hard drive is failing and they are sending me a new reciever. His trouble shooting consisted of having me display the "Values" in sytem installation. Specifically, Value #7 was "-2". Can anyone tell me what these Values mean?

Also, is there any way to save my wife's cherished recordings from the DVR I am replacing?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Neil

Hard Drive

Thanks for the response. But...I obviously don't know something I should. I have two external Hard Drives with USB connectors. I use them on my laptops. I tried both of them on the 722 but it continues to say no multimedia device attached. I even went through a power off / on with the external drive attached but the 722 doesn't see it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Neil

Good Luck on the replacement. I'm waiting on my 3rd replacement since the first of the year. My original VIP 722 lasted over 2 years with no problems, then it just stopped. The first one replacement lasted less than 2 weeks then a hard drive failure, the second one that I received yesterday lasted about 1 hour then completely dead. I've requested a new unit, not a refurbished one, but the tech wasn't sure if they could do that, but said she would request it. I've been a very loyal customer and have referred many people to Dish, but if this unit fails also, then I have to think seriously about cancelling and I really don't want to do that, I have eight 500GB external HDD's full of movies that I won't be able to watch.

Thanks for the response. But...I obviously don't know something I should. I have two external Hard Drives with USB connectors. I use them on my laptops. I tried both of them on the 722 but it continues to say no multimedia device attached. I even went through a power off / on with the external drive attached but the 722 doesn't see it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Neil

Not all EHD's will work. Hope this helps:

HD DVR Storage Expander - External DVR Hard Drive - DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557

Thanks,
Neil

Besides reformatting the hard drive, you also have to call dish and get the EHD service activated on your account. I don't have this on my 722k, so I'm not sure if that is what is causing your problem, but I think it probably is. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts