VIP 722 DVR "Values"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hossbuilder

Original poster
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
Hello all, I am new here.

My 722 has started losing all of its DVR recordings and programming every night. If I do a power off / hard reboot in the morning, everything returns. I called DISH and their tech concluded my hard drive is failing and they are sending me a new reciever. His trouble shooting consisted of having me display the "Values" in sytem installation. Specifically, Value #7 was "-2". Can anyone tell me what these Values mean?

Also, is there any way to save my wife's cherished recordings from the DVR I am replacing?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Neil

Hard Drive

Thanks for the response. But...I obviously don't know something I should. I have two external Hard Drives with USB connectors. I use them on my laptops. I tried both of them on the 722 but it continues to say no multimedia device attached. I even went through a power off / on with the external drive attached but the 722 doesn't see it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Neil

Good Luck on the replacement. I'm waiting on my 3rd replacement since the first of the year. My original VIP 722 lasted over 2 years with no problems, then it just stopped. The first one replacement lasted less than 2 weeks then a hard drive failure, the second one that I received yesterday lasted about 1 hour then completely dead. I've requested a new unit, not a refurbished one, but the tech wasn't sure if they could do that, but said she would request it. I've been a very loyal customer and have referred many people to Dish, but if this unit fails also, then I have to think seriously about cancelling and I really don't want to do that, I have eight 500GB external HDD's full of movies that I won't be able to watch.

Thanks for the response. But...I obviously don't know something I should. I have two external Hard Drives with USB connectors. I use them on my laptops. I tried both of them on the 722 but it continues to say no multimedia device attached. I even went through a power off / on with the external drive attached but the 722 doesn't see it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Neil

Not all EHD's will work. Hope this helps:

HD DVR Storage Expander - External DVR Hard Drive - DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557

Thanks,
Neil

Besides reformatting the hard drive, you also have to call dish and get the EHD service activated on your account. I don't have this on my 722k, so I'm not sure if that is what is causing your problem, but I think it probably is. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)