vip 722 or 222?

PotentialNoobie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Puerto Rico
Hello:

I am close to subscribe to Dish.
I need HD, and SD. (1hdtv,3sd). With the new offer that works "great", up to 4 tv, right?

But I've been reading here that there's a fee for the Vip 222/211/612/622.
No mention about the 722/k :confused:

I was set on getting the 722k.:cool:

What will I be missing if I get the 2## or 6##

222/k doesnt have a DVR, the 722/k is an HD DVR Duo tuner. With 4 TV's you're gonna get 2 receivers anyway. You just need to decide if you want a DVR or not.

The 612 is an HD DVR dual tuner but a single TV receiver. the 622 is similiar to the 722 except it has less hours of record time for the DVR. 211 is a HD single room receiver, no DVR

222/k doesnt have a DVR, the 722/k is an HD DVR Duo tuner. With 4 TV's you're gonna get 2 receivers anyway. You just need to decide if you want a DVR or not.

The 612 is an HD DVR dual tuner but a single TV receiver. the 622 is similiar to the 722 except it has less hours of record time for the DVR. 211 is a HD single room receiver, no DVR

I read somewhere that the 222 and 211 can accept an external hard drive (paying one fee).

Plus in Puerto Rico we have to pay for the receivers...

Also, the 222 has "issues" with some things (based on internet searches and personal experience). Having both a 722 and a 222, if given the choice, I'd choose the 722 any and every day, even if I never used the DVR part of it. It's just much more stable.

Do you need the 3 SDTV's on different tuners, or are you okay watching the same channel simultaneously on each of them?

If you don't need different programs on the SD's then one receiver would suit you.

Do you have OTA channels that you'd watch in PR? If not, then you don't need the OTA module of the 722k.

Do you need the 3 SDTV's on different tuners, or are you okay watching the same channel simultaneously on each of them?

If you don't need different programs on the SD's then one receiver would suit you.

Do you have OTA channels that you'd watch in PR? If not, then you don't need the OTA module of the 722k.

Yes, People here like to watch different programming...:eek:

Then I am going with the 722, and should I buy a 322 for the SDtvs?

Yes I would say get the 322 along with your 722. I don't see anything wrong with getting the 222k (yes get the K version if you get it) if you do not want DVR functions and want to save money. But of course the 722 is better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts