VIP 722 problem

trussme

Original poster
Mar 1, 2009
Space
I have a 722 and wanted to add it to my system but it wont get the 3 sats 61.5,110,119 the switch is a dpsw34 witha dpp twin with just the 2 cables running from 119,110 to the dp34119 to the top port and 110 to the 2nd port and 1 cable from the 2nd sat 61.5 running to the 3rd port on the the dp34 i have 3 301 receivers that get all 3 sats but the 722 only get 61.5 what did i do wrong?:mad:

The DP34 has only 4 outputs which can go to at most 4 tuners. The 722 is a dual-tuner receiver, so it would need 2 of those outputs, leaving one of your 3 301's disconnected.

You have numerous options. You could take one of your 301's off your account. Or you could buy another DP34 and cascade it off the 3 passthrough ports on your existing DP34. Or you could buy a DPP33, which has the advantage that it can feed up to 3 dual-tuner Dish receivers with a single coax each. I have such a configuration: DishPro LNBs on 119/110/61.5 going to a DP34 and then to a DPP33. Works great.

er...since when does a dpp twin work correctly with a dpsw34?
that seems like asking for trouble.

Ill bet you have helped alot of people!!! I was told at another site that if i only used the two inputs 1,2 and not the lnb in the dp34 would bypass the switch in the dpptwin can i get the ame result if i changed the dpptwin to a dptwin?

A friend is going to bring over a dptwin today we will ee if it workss if not going for the dpp33 Thank again!!!
OK, but... Replacing the dpp twin with a dp twin may or may not work more reliably with your DP34 switch. I am dubious that it will change anything.

What you really need are more (dp) switch outputs, or else different (dpp) switch outputs, or else fewer receivers. Point of reference: I recently bought a new DPP33 off Ebay for $35 shipped.

dp = DishPro
dpp = DishPro Plus
"Plus" is needed to feed dual-tuner receivers with a single coax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)