VIP 722 swap issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JayStil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
I've got a 722 with a Sling adapter installed. If the Sling is in use, pressing the "swap" button on the 722's remote gives something to the effect of "swap not possible when remote viewing" or something like that. I would think this would be the proper behavior. However if I log out of Dish Anywhere on the device that was using the Sling, the swap button still doesn't work. It fact it doesn't respond at all.

I know the receiver switches to mode 2 when using Sling, but I thought it used to automatically switch back to mode 1 when it wasn't in use. Am I misremembering prior behavior or has something changed in a software update?

As a workaround I can have both tuners recording and swap back and forth between them by going into the DVR recordings screen, but that's not ideal if you're not sure what else you might want to watch while tuner 1 is recording.

Is there any other solution besides going to the 722 and hitting the mode button?

I know the receiver switches to mode 2 when using Sling, but I thought it used to automatically switch back to mode 1 when it wasn't in use. Am I misremembering prior behavior or has something changed in a software update?

Yes, that is how it normally works (most of the time). However, I have had many experiences when my 722K did not switch back to single mode. Sometimes, this happened when the Dish Anywhere app would hang up or have some other failure. I had to manually change it back by pressing the Mode button on the receiver.

The Dish Anywhere app has been fairly well behaved for me lately. At least as far as disconnecting when logging out. I guess it's been a while since I rebooted the 722. Will try that tonight.

Thanks for verifying that I at least remember correctly how it's supposed to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)