ViP 722 through 'Dish'n it up'

You can probably upgrade to the 722 after 12 months of service since your last Dishin-It-Up upgrade. Otherwise, you'd have to buy one outright. 622 is essentially the same device as the 722 less the extra space and chassis color (and support for HD VOD in the future). You could add external storage for a cheaper 39$ and have more space on your 622 with a commonly available off the shelf USB drive from CC or BB.

Hello all. New here. Just joined yesterday.

I see lots of info about the "Dish'n It Up" promo. I have a VIP622 and want to upgrade to a VIP722. I want the extra storage and I prefer the black cabinet color. I called E* CSR to engage the upgrade. They told me the 722 was unavailable and that I was not eligible for any type of upgrade promos. I currently lease my 622. What is the easiest, most cost effective way to upgrade to the 722? I hate the huge disconnect between the CSRs and the various promos listed on their web site.

Thanks for any/all advice.

~CJ5

What is the easiest, most cost effective way to upgrade to the 722? I hate the huge disconnect between the CSRs and the various promos listed on their web site.

~CJ5

When I called the CSR and then emailed ceo@echostar, I found out that I cant get any dish n it up program because I live in Alaska. I was told to go through a local dealer. Of course, my installer doesnt have the info on the 722, and wants $600 for the 622. Not very happpy about the breakeven on buying vs. leasing. Still trying to watch my semi-functional 6000 while I decide what to do.

:mad:

I did the Dish'n it upgrade recently.

I paid $149. Got 6 months of DishHD for free. I'm supposed to get Showtime free for 3 months, but the channels are still blocked last time I checked (have to call about that). I was supposed to get the 622, but the tech showed up with a 722. He told Dish that's all his company carries. So I got the 722 for no additional cost. There were only RCA cables in the 722 box.

Same here, though they didn't tell me anything about Showtime. Luckily my installer and one of the other installers went in together and bought a bulk of HDMI cables since they new Dish didn't include them. They made $5 profit a cable, and I only paid $25 for it, and it was a good quality cable.

I just called to upgrade my leased 622 to a 722 and the CSR would only go for the $199 - $100 rebate, but no 6 months of free HD. :( I guess I'll just keep trying back until I find the magic CSR.

People who already have a leased 622 received a service discount (10 month @ 10$ discount, etc.) (theoretically) so they should not qualify for one again on a 722.

I called Dish last night to upgrade my 622 lease to a 722 and ran into the same issue. I was expecting a $149 upfront payment with a $100 rebate (net cost $49). What she gave me was a $199 upfront cost wth a $100 rebate and 6 months of free HD ($20 off each month for 6 months). My math = $199 less $100 less $120 (6x$20) = I'm ahead $21. Not a bad deal!

18 month commitment and the 722 it gets "installed" this Saturday. 90 day warranty on equipment and installation. I get to put my external HD to the test and transfer some of the contents of my 622 disk to the new 722.

I figured it worked for BigFella...

Oh, and I just checked. It still says $49 after install and has a link to both the 722 and the 622. Like I said I know and understand the reason for the charge, but its their error.

You inspired me to write to CEO with the same complaint. An email I sent through their website a few weeks ago was ignored.

My dish'n it up page still says $49 as well and yet I was made to pay $99, just like you.

This is a pretty clear case of bait-and-switch and I'm amazed they still haven't corrected their Dish'n It Up web page.

You inspired me to write to CEO with the same complaint. An email I sent through their website a few weeks ago was ignored.

My dish'n it up page still says $49 as well and yet I was made to pay $99, just like you.

This is a pretty clear case of bait-and-switch and I'm amazed they still haven't corrected their Dish'n It Up web page.

Let me know how it goes.

Well I got a call back yesterday.

They flat-out refused to give me the $50 credit. They claimed that the upgrade promo pricing excluded the 722, despite what their website advertised.

I know, it sounds nuts. I tried to reason with them. As nice as the lady was (she did speak english) she just wouldn't budge.

I suggested that if they weren't willing to list the 622 and 722 pricing side by side, they should just remove pricing altogether from the promo page. She promised to pass on my comments to their web people.

However the web page still hasn't changed.

By the time they get around to doing anything the 622 will be phased out and the 722 WILL be $49.

She did mention that many other people have brought this to their attention, so I'm guessing they're trying to stop the bleeding by no longer offering the credit.

Sucks for me! I'm just stuck with 18 months of resentment at this point.

I just paid it and dealt with it. 50 bucks is 50 bucks. If you wanted you could always see about getitng it exchanged with a VIP622 so you get your 50 bucks back, but I figure you'd rather have the 722.. :)

It sucks, and Eric at Executive Relations told me the same thing about 'passing it onto the web guys'. That would've been some 2 weeks ago now.

No real recourse, but always worth a shot. Unfortunately Charlie Chats are pretty heavily screened so I doubt anyone would get on the air trying to throw it out there as a question.

e* says can't guarantee 722

I have a 522 and am looking to upgrade to a 622 or 722. However, I would prefer the 722 since I've heard the 622 has problems with HDMI and that was what I wanted to use to connect to my tv.

I call dish to ask what I would need to do to upgrade to HD for 2 TVs and DVR and they told me $149 w/ $10 credits for 10 months. I asked what type of receiver I would be getting and they said that it would be HD receiver but I wouldn't know which model. I told them that I wanted the 722 because I heard there were problems with the HDMI connection in the 622 and they said the only way that I can guarantee a 722 is to call a local dealer and see if they have them stock.

(she did offer 6 mo of HD for free though)

Do I just need to call back to speak to a different rep or is this the policy at dish now?

Also, she didn't mention it, but if I do upgrade to HD, does that mean I'm locked in for another 18 months?

The new deal is a single 100$ rebate, not 10$ x 10 months. You'd pay 99$ after all was said and done for a 722... If you want a 622 it'd be 49$.

The 6 months free HD is for anyone who hasn't had or doesn't have HD Pack already.

They were able to guarantee me a 722 and mailed it to me, instead of going through a dealer. It's possible you would have to contact a dealer directly if you need installation.

Got my 722 on Sept 3. Took the place of my 411. I paid $199.00 minus $100.00 rebate. Had some trouble with the splitter, but after Dish sent me one I was able to start watching on Sept 6. Was very suprised when I was able to pick up all my locals. Was not able to do that with my 411. Was always having to move my antenna around to pick up locals in HD. All signals on my over the air channels are now in the 85-100range with the 722. 411 range was 55-85. So far am more than happy with my 722

I upgraded to 722 for $149 after some discussion.Ipaid with credit card. On my bill they charged me 199 plus 59 upgrade fee plus 22.95 in taxes that they should
not have.After heated debate and 21/2 hours on phone hopefuly it is straightened out. We shall see.

I just did the upgrade to the 722 from a 811. I had to pay $199 upfront, I have the old HD pak, so since I am getting the new HD pak, I get it free for 6 months. I am also getting a $100 rebate off of my bill. Tried to get the $149 price, but she wouldnt budge.

I just upgraded 508 to 722. I asked for $149 price but was told it was only for 622. I decided to pay the extra $50 for the 722. I guess I wasn't that upset since they were willing to give me a new HD-DVR (622) for the $149 price. It was my choice to ask for the newest model. I did get the 6x$20 HD credit even though I was already subscribing to the old HD pack (110 satellite only).

I now have an 18 month committment, but I had tried cable previously and service was terrible, so I'm planning to stay with Dish (especially since cable doesn't have Big10 net yet).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)