Vip 722k & External HDD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DataWave

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
Hi, I was wondering, if I hooked up an external drive to a 722k, and used it for the FREE storage feature (not the one time 40 dollar dvr fee), what does that allow me to do? I realize I can transfer stuff from the internal to external, but what about viewing recordings on that external drive? Do I have to transfer it back to the internal before viewing it?

DW

No, you can view your recordings directly from the EHD. It is a separate menu from your main DVR listing, however.

Thanks, so I guess the only real difference is I cant record directly to it from a live show, unless I pay the 40 dollar OTF ?

The $40 fee is only if you have a 211 family receiver. All hd dvrs currently enable this free of charge.

There used to be a $40 charge, but that went away a few years ago.
Oh, if you run into an option that says record to an external device, that was for something called Pocket Dish and does not mean the ehd.

Reactions: ChadT41
Neither do I. I was one of those who found the option on my 722 and thought it would record to the ehd, But when it didn't work, I found out about Pocket Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts