VIP 922 Meltdown-DVR recovery?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

textmex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
My VIP 922 melted down this week. DISH is telling me I need a new one. Luckily, it's under warranty.

The problem is they are saying there is no way to retrieve my DVR programming from the unit before I send it back. I have an EHDD hooked up, but I can't seem to access the menus to send programming there. Anyone have a possible work around?

My VIP 922 melted down this week. DISH is telling me I need a new one. Luckily, it's under warranty.

The problem is they are saying there is no way to retrieve my DVR programming from the unit before I send it back. I have an EHDD hooked up, but I can't seem to access the menus to send programming there. Anyone have a possible work around?
If you are unable to access the menus to transfer the recordings then there would be no way to transfer it. What do you mean by "melted down"?

My guess by melted down he probably means that the hard drive crashed. That would certainly fit the symptoms of not being able to access the DVR content menus.

It gets through the start up and works for like a minute, then just restarts. Eventually the it just goes dark and the fan runs until I unplug it and plug it back in again.

The hard drive is still good. I can see the menus and the shows for the minute or so it stays on. it just doesn't stay on long enough to actually transfer anything.

It gets through the start up and works for like a minute, then just restarts. Eventually the it just goes dark and the fan runs until I unplug it and plug it back in again.

The hard drive is still good. I can see the menus and the shows for the minute or so it stays on. it just doesn't stay on long enough to actually transfer anything.
You could possible try removing the satellite in cables and plugging it in. If it does stay on then there is a grounding issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)