VIP 922 promotion

stvlg1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Sarasota, Fl
Not sure if anyone knew of this promotion so I wanted to pass it along.
I am getting it free of charge with Dish'N It Up and they are waiving the installation fee.
It will increase the DVR fee to $10.00 but who cares really. This is a great deal.

Not sure if anyone knew of this promotion so I wanted to pass it along.
I am getting it free of charge with Dish'N It Up and they are waiving the installation fee.
It will increase the DVR fee to $10.00 but who cares really. This is a great deal.

i couldn't get the 922. i have a question for you. what programming package do you have and how long have you been a customer. would just like to compare yours with mine

Just checked and I'm eligible for the 922. Currently have a 722 & 222. I asked if I could swap the 922 for the 222 and I was told I could. So that would make the 922 my primary receiver, so my bill should only go up $3 right? $14 rec fee to a $17 rec fee. Am I correct in this assumption?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just checked and I'm eligible for the 922. Currently have a 722 & 222. I asked if I could swap the 922 for the 222 and I was told I could. So that would make the 922 my primary receiver, so my bill should only go up $3 right? $14 rec fee to a $17 rec fee. Am I correct in this assumption?

I think that you will find that the DVR fee will increase from $6 to $10.

Your increase with this change would be $7.00 a month. $3.00 increase as you stated and the the $4.00 for the DVR Service fee from $6.00 to $10.00 a month.

can you have a 722k/sling adapter in the same house as a 922, or will there be competing sling technology issues?
the 922 has some cool features that the 722 does not have, and, in my house, I have 1- 722k/sling adapter, and 2- 222's; wondering if switching one of the 222's for a 922 in my bedroom, (to be able to watch dvr in there) would even work together...

thanks!

can you have a 722k/sling adapter in the same house as a 922, or will there be competing sling technology issues?
the 922 has some cool features that the 722 does not have, and, in my house, I have 1- 722k/sling adapter, and 2- 222's; wondering if switching one of the 222's for a 922 in my bedroom, (to be able to watch dvr in there) would even work together...

thanks!

Yes it will work.. I have a 922 and a 722k with a sling adapter..

Is Echostar even having them manufactured anymore? Seems to me they would have pulled the plug and are now just trying to get rid of inventory.

Maybe emptying inventory because the 813 system is around the corner. Maybe announcing it's launch at CES in January. Or they decided they agree with those customers who say 722k + Sling adapter is better for the average consumer then the 922.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts