VIP 922 promotion

I do believe the $6.00 dvr fee is a per account fee. It is true that receiver fees went up but there is no additional dvr fee when you add dvrs after the first. The exception is the 922, the fee is $10.00, but that is the account fee not an additional fee.
I do agree with the rest of your assesment.

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

Oh yes there is, is you have more than one dvr on your account. I got this straight from DISH itself when they first released the new additional receiver fees and it was posted widely on this site too. Last year 2/10.

Additional receiver fees before 2/1/10

HD duo dvr : Additional receiver fee $7.00 +Tv 2 connection fee $5.00+ dvr service fee $5.98 = $17.98.

Additional receiver fees After 2/1/10

Hd duo dvr: $17.00

So we went from $7.00 to $17.00 and the dvr fee is still included with the Tv 2 connection fee and the original additional receiver fee, but you saved .98 cents over the way it was before the change. So unless DISH can justify, and they CAN'T!, the other $10.00 a month added to the original additional receiver fee of $7.00 , I would have to say you are still paying the extra dvr fee and the tv 2 connection fee ,that you used to avoid by plugging in a phone line. It is all just rolled into one ginormous new Additional receiver fee. Seems DISH got the reputation for a lot of nickel and dime fees , deservedly so I might add ,so they found the best way to combat that image was to condense all of those miscellaneous fees into the new stream lined Additional receiver fees we all loathe today.:rolleyes:

Is this promotion available to new subscribers? My contract with DTV is up on Oct 12th. I know I wanted to get a 922, but I just didn't have the $200 in the budget for it.

I was planning on switching to Dish anyway to save $$. Will probably go with Top 120, then add plus when I needed it.

Thanks,

Patrick

Actually, yes, I think Dish might provide a ViP922 to a new sub without charge. Call and ask. And if they say no, contact a DIRT member here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts