VIP DVR Price Increase

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Money isn't tight. I'm just trying to save whatever I can on my monthly bills. I figured if I could get by without the $7 DVR charge and just record stuff to an external hard drive it would be worth the one time $40 fee.

It does save the $7 but at the expense of having only one tuner that is what I pointing out. Not everyone watches TV the same way maybe one tuner is enough.

It does save the $7 but at the expense of having only one tuner that is what I pointing out. Not everyone watches TV the same way maybe one tuner is enough.
Another option, if more than one tuner is needed, would be to have a purchased ViP211k (with external hard drive) that you activate only when you need a second tuner, and then deactivate it the rest of the time to eliminate the additional receiver fee. The recordings from that hard drive can be played back using the activated ViP211k. If more than one additional tuner is needed, the same process would also work with a purchased ViP612, except that the recordings would only be watchable when the ViP612 is activated. (That is my experience with a ViP612 with a white G4 Smart Card. If the ViP612 has a purple G3 Smart Card, the recordings may still be watchable even when the receiver is deactivated.)

Reactions: thomasjk
Just read the advertisement for the DISH Wally and see under Coming Soon section the following:

*Video on Demand
*Watch 1 dvr recording and record up to 3 programs ( 2 sat & 1 ota ) * if you add an external hard drive and pay the one time $40.00 fee to DISH.
*Targeted advertising Via INVIDI.
*Event logos via internet without need for an EHD.

Being able to do 2 sat and 1 ota is a cool thing and with no monthly dvr fee at all -after the one time $40.00 fee, makes this a cool feature. Add another Wally for only $7.00 and you could record 4 sat and 2 ota at a time. IF this actually is brought to the market via software update , this will be an economical receiver for those who want to have the latest hopper like interface with menus logos etc without the $15.00 a month fee. Of course it is a feature that is coming soooon, so we have no idea if DISH will actually come through with it. After the sling catcher for the 922 fell through , I don't count my chickens till they hatch now,but if it does I can see my parents wanting to switch from the 722k to maybe two Wallys and then they could have two hd receivers in their house on both bedroom and living room tvs. Right now they use the 722k and a audio/video sender /receiver to watch in Sd on the bedroom tv. Their monthly fee would stay the same as now $7.00 and they would gain a second hd receiver and add two sat tuners to their mix.:bigok

I'm still wondering if this will be enabled for Wallys, or if this is just for commercial systems? I know: "Dish Soon™"

Reactions: pattykay
Just as I thought. We are now great-grandfathered. :)

I can confirm as of today' bill, we are Great Grandfathers. :) DVR fee stayed at $7 as we surmised it would! With the two year deal and only $7 DVR fee, along with being able to drop to the Top 200 and get nearly every channel we watched at the Top 250 I am saving some where around $28 a month. ( I also have $10 for HBO and $5 again for the movie pack.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts