ViP622 DishCOMM

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I still don't know what the problem is.

I have my bedroom 622 connected via Ethernet to my home router. I have it plugged directly into the wall so that it will connect to my living room 622 via DishCOMM.

Both receivers see each other just fine.

My bedroom receiver which is connected directly with Ethernet can "call" out over broadband just fine.

The living room one will not remotely connect via DishCOMM to my bedroom receiver an use it's broadband connection to "call" out. I don't know what the problem is.

Jason, what I have done is I have one of my 622's wired directly to my router. I have a Homeplug Powerline Ethernet Adapter ($19), that is wired from my router to an outlet by the router. My second 622 is plugged in to another outlet, in another room, and it has full functionality.

Tom in TX

I have the same issue.

622 in Bedroom, connected via Wireless Game Adapter to my Home Router. Status is Online, and connects, it can see the 722.

722 in living room, is also Online, it can see the 622. However, is not able to call out. I used to get the msg on the 722 about connecting it to a phoneline to prevent the monthly charge.

I called Tech Support, I believe they made an adjustment on the account to prevent that msg. It was humorous to get their reaction when I asked them for support on the DishComm. They obviously had no clue as to what it was, (ZERO Knowledge). I got frustrated with them after a while, when they tried to get me to go do a Check Switch... it seems that is their default resolution for any situation. I gave up on it and them. It would be nice to have this work though.

BTW, the main reason I had to call, was to get NBA League Pass to work on the 722 receiver in the Living Room. It wouldn't receive it as a result of not having a phone line connected, and/or being unable to connect through Dish Comm.

Maybe someone will have some tips to get this working.

I'm watching this thread, as I had a new 722 in the box that I was *planning* on using DishCOMM for.

However, being that I have a network drop about 10' away, I'll probably put a switch in and just jack it into ethernet directly. This way I don't have to muck with it.

My recommendation would be to hook it up to the network, either via a direct feed, a "game adaptor", or whatever method floats your boat.

You'll never get a CSR to admit anything. I had to explain to THEM that my first 722 was hooked up to a "broadband" connection and that a phone line was not necessary. Finally she gave up and said she'd remove the charge.

I'm looking to get a cheap Linksys router that I can put into bridge mode so that it will communicate with my existing Linksys wireless network.

Jason, what I have done is I have one of my 622's wired directly to my router. I have a Homeplug Powerline Ethernet Adapter ($19), that is wired from my router to an outlet by the router. My second 622 is plugged in to another outlet, in another room, and it has full functionality.

Tom in TX

I did something similar and I now have both the 622 and 722 on the network.

Tom in TX

Where did you get the adapter at for $19?

DISHcomm is to share the PHONELINE not broadband connection.

if thats the case, thats the most dumbest stupidest thing ever! I have 5 boxes all scattered around the house, I am not going to run a phone line to all of them..I thought for sure dishcomm would take care of this!

I have 5 boxes all scattered around the house, I am not going to run a phone line to all of them..I thought for sure dishcomm would take care of this!

I had to configure my receivers to recognize each other. Then my Caller ID worked on my remote receiver. Also had to set modem to remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts