VIP622 - tv2 DVD recorder

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aydeet

Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Southern California
Up until we changed out our tv2 for a larger screen.. we were able to record to our dvd recorder (panasonic drm ez 475v) Diga - we would just go do av1 and the Dish channel would show up and we could pick a recording and record.. now we are unable to see anything when we go to av1 - nothing shows up.. apparently the dvd recorder is not seeing the stations.. although its connected directly to wire with a splitter..
wall to splitter - one doing to TV and gone going to DVD -

anthing else to check out??? oh another thing.. our tv2 used to be channel 73 but it changed to 60??

Check your modulater and see what channels you have tv2 and tv1 set to. IF your tv 2 in now 60 than change your dvd recorder to see that channel .

Also they've both got to be set to either cable or air.

But, I'm confused about something. If he's setting his recorder to the AV1 input, it wouldn't be looking at the coaxial cable at all.

You probably need to change the setting on the DVD recorder to actually see channel 60 vs 73. Mind you they may not be compatable. The TV may want and Air signal while the DVD wants a Cable signal. If that is the case, try cable channel 116 for air signal 60. That might work.

Panasonic might be able to help you out also.

With out looking at the unit I couldn't say for sure but it sounds like you were using a direct video (yellow,red,white) output.

Also
Check your modulator and see what channels you have tv2 and tv1 set to. IF your TV 2 in now 60 than change your dvd recorder to see that channel .

Also they've both got to be set to either cable or air.

But, I'm confused about something. If he's setting his recorder to the AV1 input, it wouldn't be looking at the coaxial cable at all.

Channel 60 would be in air mode and channel 73 would be in cable.

As for why it changed the most likely reason I can think of why it changed is : you were on the phone with dish to get your new TV hooked up and had a less knowledgeable CSR told you to change it

Because I don't have enough information I'll have to make an educated guess as to what happened. My guess is that your dvd recorder is in cable mode. If you change your dvd recorder to channel 116 some thing that resembles a picture you need to change the recorder's tuning mode to air mode. (depending on the quality of your recorder you may or may not get a clear picture).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts