ViP722, meet Mr. Shotgun

Responded to soft reset. Did not finish deleting. I think I'm getting just one command carried out before the thing dies each time. Will go straight to transfer to EHD, if I get the chance.

I hear the fan on high, everything is staying black. I'll try to wait it out.

Screen flickered, fan went off, and after a few seconds I got the error msg about trying to unplug for a minute. I'll just hit OK and see what I can do. Had some success this way in prior days.

Acquiring. Might try your suggestion, but short on time. Must go out of town. Doing this during supper.

"Unable to access this feature at this time. Data not available."

Time for hard reset.

Acquiring. Might try your suggestion, but short on time. Must go out of town. Doing this during supper.

"Unable to access this feature at this time. Data not available."

Time for hard reset.

Same crap I was seeing.

She was on, non responsive, sending a black screen out though. If there was no signal, my Onkyo & TV would have reported that.

Did a card pull. Cycled, turned off, no response to power on either way. Did soft reset. Hope to get to where I can try your idea.

"Unplug" again. Now acquiring (at normal speed). Followed your idea to interrupt guide dl.

Working. But not enough time to wait 15 mins. Might give it 3.

"Unplug" when I hit the first DVR button. Hitting guide to force dl now. Will pack and give it one more try.

OK I pulled plug again, gave it several mins, still get "unplug" msg. Might try again when we return, but it's over for tonight. Must hit road.

Are you at the point yet where you'll try taking the drive out of the 722? I wonder if you could buy the same make and model of drive in your dying (dead?) 722 and use a ghost or Acronis to make an image copy of the drive. the 722 might like the image enough to allow you to make your EHD backups.

Or, put the replacement drive in the 722, let the 722 format it, then remove it and use a Linux machine to copy files and directories from the "bad" partition to the "good" one. Smith, P should be able to say whether that might work.

Recovering data from dying drives is more magic than science. Orientation is one variable, temperature is another. Dish's File System throws another wrench into the works. Good Luck!

Isn't there a seal that is broken if I remove the HDD? Since this one is leased, I'll not be breaking any seals.

At camper. AHHHHHHHHH! :clap

Now, where's the Fighting and Sprite? :D

Had to break a seal to get into FC. New bottle. I like how MD sells it in 1.5L, with handle. Can only get 750 in VA.

Safely far away from the ViP722 now. And the shotgun. ;)

Good to have a getaway less than 100 miles away. Quiet. Last weekend was noisy noisy noisy.

Actually, I just looked at the bottle and couldn't find a volume listed. I'm pretty sure it's required. So now I'll go get my glasses and look again.

Can't see it printed or embossed on bottle. Gave it to wife to read. No joy.

Bottom of glass has molded in:
27A
3 48 (or is it 3 43?)

And printed on the bottom is:

:confused:

All I can add is that the price is always almost exactly twice the smaller (750?) bottle.

Navychop your a hoot... lol. I would have left the pc sitting beside the 722 & the shotgun if I were getting out of town for some r&r. :)

What, and maybe MISS something? Heck, I probably communicate with you guys more than anyone but my wife.

But yes, I'll be shutting down soon. Maybe watch some TV with my wife before bed.

Once I'm sure the heater is in fact working. Already below 60 outside.

She Who Must Be Obeyed has just informed me- no TV. BED. I guess I'm on the 10 minute countdown now.

Me too. Have a 3 TV directv job first thing in morning. Gotta take care of satellite customers.

She Who Must Be Obeyed has just informed me- no TV. BED. I guess I'm on the 10 minute countdown now.

LOL. My she boss is visiting her momma in PA. I'm on my own for a few days, gonna enjoy it while I can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts