ViP722, meet Mr. Shotgun

How does one make an external HDD RAID ?

My 722's HDD is running at 138 High Temp, 116 Low Temp, 125 Average. Is this too high? I have had no problems with it and had it for almost a year now.

Actually, I'm in WV right now, near where 81 hits 70. 1 p.m. & 68.

Tomorrow, when I get home, I'll give it one more try, but that's it. Especially since I now know I can get them from Netflix and maybe elsewhere. I'll have to go check out the site. Maybe I can sign up for a single month or 2. Or maybe they offer a no cost unless you actually rent option. Or Blockbuster.

Now to tell the wife we can get the episodes after all.

Makes me wonder if it means a hard winter.

I hope not. I have been watching the squirrels in my walnut tree shake the walnuts loose and then haul them off when they hit the ground. Makes me wonder why they don't let them fall first. Could be a sign? I hope they get all of them, it will keep me from cleaning them up. Those darn things shoot like bullets when hit with the mower.

I guess I'm going to go hook up my 722 replacement now. Got to write down rmt addresses, close caption settings, favorite list, ect. first.

I know what you mean. A place I once lived was overrun with black walnuts. Ended up raking the yard before every mow.

Global cooling has set in. Seriously, the sun is at a solar low, radiation is down preceptibly.

Where's all that CO2 in the air when you need it.

SHE'S GONE

Got back home, tried everything I could to revive her. I suppose I could operate, and tap her disks directly, but I foresee futility. She'll never see power in my home again.
:sob: :river

Now what'll I do? :book:

I received my replacement in 2 days, called Wed it was here Fri. How long have you been waiting for yours?
I give you an A+ for effort. No one can say you didn't try.

Called it in 9/10. I wouldn't be surprised to see it Monday or Tuesday.

Watching second ViP722. Can always fall back to 508 if that one dies too.

My replacement has only been online a little more than 24hrs. It is running much cooler than the defective one. 102 avg so far vs 114.
I would have never considered an ehd until I had this problem. After reading some of your posts and some other members, I wouldn't go without one now. Thanks:up

My replacement ViP722 arrived today. A refurb, and not a K model. So far, so good.

It was just the black box. No cables, no antenna, no instructions, no remotes - and no card. So I put my old card in from the dead box. Got the msg about that card not authorized for that receiver. Called, tech guy said "Card is (and at this time my neurons started firing and I knew what he was going to say) built in." Sigh. Knew that from SatGuys, just put hands into motion before brain was fully in gear. Well, had to call to authorize anyway.

Works great so far. Automatically downloaded two 5 minute programs- Welcome to Dish and Using Your DVR. Now to recreate our Favorites lists and reenter all the timers.

BTW, it recognized the EHD immediately, and as I type this I am transferring some programs to the DVR for testing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)