VIP722 Pricing

Did you post this over at BSTalk also ?? I saw it, I believe. Tell you the truth, you are going to get an HD-DVR and I really doubt they can guarantee you a 722 vs a 622. If the installer shows up with a 622, what will you do ??

I've been a dish customer for over 15 yrs, their very good at playing the "I don't know" game unless you have educated yourself by reading these and other forums.

Before you make the call do some research regarding equipment and your options. If they sense that their dealing with a customer you knows what's available (like the 722, all the options, programming etc.) then the call takes a different direction.

Instead of them telling you what you can have, you may end up getting what you really want. I have a scheduled install for a 722 on the 13th. So unless I'm getting the first unit, their already in homes.....before the 15th.

You've Had Dish longer then Dish has

A memo that mentions the 722 by no means indicates that it's out there (for the public) or available. How do you know that the memo did include an "*" next to the 722 that said "when officially released" ??

Call and fake an order, tell them you want an HD-DVR, and ask what model you're getting.

They're being moved around right now, prep for distribution. Only customers who have them in their homes right now are beta testers for that series. I could tell you what order the cust levels will get them in, but that'd be no fun.

Yeah.. this is already starting to get ugly. So I do an on line chat with CSR today (so I have documented their response) and ask them to verify I will be getting the 722 and to check to make sure the installer will have one on his/her truck. CSR says you will get a 622...I say wait check the notes on the my order dated 8/5. CSR says oh sorry, yes you will be getting a 722. So then I call another CSR on the phone, everyone sees the notes where I will be getting a 722 but none of them can verify it or seam to know where the installer is getting them...what a joke. My bet is the installer shows up with 622. I will refuse it and he'll tel me to call CSR. Thats how I see this going down.

Tried to upgrade to a HD Dvr today and the girl wouldn't answer my question outright, so I had to act like I wanted the upgrade anyway and right before she was executing my order I asked her to verify what receiver I'd be getting because I didn't want to spend $200 to upgrade to an "outdated" model. I had my suspicions because they were supposedly offering a $100 rebate spread out over ten months, if I heard correctly. She then admitted it was a vip 622 so I asked her to cancel the order and hung up. Now, I should have asked if I could get one for just the lease price without paying up front, but I've been up much longer than usual and even if they did I'd still be without the Dish Online stuff, right? Or, what is the difference in 622 and 722, external storage out of the box?

Or, what is the difference in 622 and 722, external storage out of the box?
You are not going to get 20 more hours of HD on the 722. About 10hrs + is dedicated for HD VOD. No external "out of the box". 722 is running same software as 622. It will have to download and you activate just like the 622.

BTW Ladies and Gentlemen, The 722 has already been released. My last call to them, verified that. With tomorrow's enthernet port being enabled, the telephone reps had a memo sent out last week informing them of this event of the VIP-622 and VIP-722. If its not coming out until the 15th, why then would the memo also include the 722? Hmmm.... Cause its out already, but probably in limited form! As for my two cents, Its only a bigger hard DRIVE. Anyone can upgrade the hard drive, with very little intelligence.
Out does not mean available to you or anyone else and a memo doesnt mean its out, it just means that corporate is starting the education of the call centers and tech support. The 722's will have been or be in most dns facilities and larger dealers / retailers by this saturday but wont be available until the official day of release unless some twit jumps the gun and sells one early or a warehouse person gives one to a tech to take out based on a work order that a noob csr setup to go out a day or two before the release date.

Tried to upgrade to a HD Dvr today and the girl wouldn't answer my question outright, so I had to act like I wanted the upgrade anyway and right before she was executing my order I asked her to verify what receiver I'd be getting because I didn't want to spend $200 to upgrade to an "outdated" model. I had my suspicions because they were supposedly offering a $100 rebate spread out over ten months, if I heard correctly. She then admitted it was a vip 622 so I asked her to cancel the order and hung up. Now, I should have asked if I could get one for just the lease price without paying up front, but I've been up much longer than usual and even if they did I'd still be without the Dish Online stuff, right? Or, what is the difference in 622 and 722, external storage out of the box?
You cant get something that isnt yet available yet, Dish csrs cant release a receiver that isnt even on the csg system yet so if you hadnt asked that question then you would be in the same boat that another poster on this thread will be in on the 13th, looking at a vip 622.

Maybe this was already posted but just in the case it was not...
I stumbled on this article while searching for more info about new and upcoming 722 (current user of 622). Not a lot of new things (regular tech. data and info about upcoming external storage) but the last portion of article (FAQ) has 722 pricing info I did not know about...so I wanted to share it with you guys...:)

Q: What is the cost for the ViP722 DVR?
A: The ViP722 will be free to new subscribers. Existing customers can upgrade from a ViP622 to a ViP722 for a fee ($199 DIY or $249 professionally installed).

More here: [URL="http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/dish-network-vip722-dvr-1160.shtml"]http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/dish-network-vip722-dvr-1160.shtml[/URL]

The question is; what do they classify as a "new customer"? I've heard 2 things...

New to DISH Network
New to DISH HD

I'm a current Dish Network customer and want to switch to HD so I can take advantage of my new 46" Sharp Aquos HD LCD. when I called and talked to a rep a week ago, he said I could get the $200 back promotion offer for being a new customer. This creates confusion. If me being new to Dish HD is considered being a "new customer", than I should be able to qualify for the free upgrade to the Vip722 DVR from my current dual tuner SD box. Any ideas?

-- Dan

I got my 722 yesterday. The PQ is soft not all HD....I mean really HD. I think their going Lite on the compression. My 942 was much better; mpeg 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)