VIP722 SW Release L685

Reading a bunch of these old posts on updates, I found this one from 5-25-11 #18 From MattG(Dish) I have Dish Platinum and really do not understand just what he stated here. Can some one enlighten me as to just what he stated?

I agree that the wording wasn't clear (was a copy and paste). For a 722k, you can now access Dish Platinum VOD by pressing DVR-3 (therefore moving midnight lounge, and my media down a number)

Whoops, I meant to type 3 but I typed 5 because that's where my My Media is and I use it all the time :D .

What I can't understand is why they did it? ... the "Dish Platinum" on the first DVR menu. now if you don't remember the number to access media, you have to scroll down.

and its not like Dish Platinum is so unique.. if you go DVR-2-3 ... youre at the exact same point if you did DVR - 3.. they could have just done DVR-2 as "Dish Platinum & Cinema" ...or Dish Cinema / Platinum .. etc...

TV Shows and Midnight Lounge are more unique .. although going into TV shows, you're at the same point if you'd gone into Dish Cinemal .... and can still go into a "Platinum" page selector which is limited to just TV shows..

*all* of that could be handled better.. and not shuffle the "My Media" off the first screen ... so customers see it prominently. Anyone that has a hard drive now has to go a different way, or remember the DVR-6 combo (not difficult, but again what about all the new people, they'd never see "My Media" normally now, and wouldn't question it .. wouldn't then go get an external hard drive ... etc...)

Or they could have redesigned this screen. to show the current 6 available options.. move the Done/Help buttons up just a tad, and slid the "Whats Hot" section to the right ... or made the "DISH On Demand" at the top less space hoggy and squezed the #6 entry in ... In this redesign, it again looks only to be an attempt to get people into the extra content for a fee screens.. and hide the "My Media" further obscuring the "I can increase my hard drive space" realization.

I finally got the 676 update today. I was happy because it finally fixed an issue I was having. I made a favorite list on tv 2 and I deleted it due to the color. The I had was it keep showing up in the list even after clearing the channel list. It would show channel 101 HD. I've tried everything to delete it and wouldn't work. So after getting the update I tried again it this time when I hit clear all it deleted it. So with some of the bugs people are sharing there is a little good with the update too!!

I have read most of this thread and not seen this here or in another thread, but I don't look over every option with each new update. I have had L676 for several weeks, but just recently was looking to make some changes to my DVR and found that in "Record Plus," there is an option for "ERD Setup." I clicked on it to see what it was. The screen says, "If you have an external recording device hooked up to your receiver, you have the option of recording to this device. Would you like to: (check one) Disable recordings to an external device; or Enable recordings to an external device."

I haven't tried this since I don't want to record directly to my EHD, but I thought some might be interested in testing it.

I have not tried it, but I have read that it does not work. It is there because of some other device that dish is no longer selling.

The Krell and I were both typing at the same time. His answer was faster because I am typing on an iPhone.

Aahh. Since almost everything I record is in HD, I haven't used my PocketDish for years. I guess I knew that long ago but had forgotten. Thanks to you both for the fast reminder. You can see how often I make changes. :rolleyes:

So the thread is now 24 pages long. I have a question and I am not sure if it has been answered. Now that I have L676 on both my 722's, when I go to get remote access I have my local channels listed as both HD and SD. On 674 only my HD were listed. In my options on my receiver I believe I have set it so I only see the HD channels. Is this a bug or is there a way to change it in DRA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)