VIP722 SW Release L685

I don't think so. If it was over scanning you'd be loosing the bottom part of every broadcast and most probably not seeing logos. I'm seeing the same thing. Missing line 7.
Edit of above. I was looking at my TV2 output when I made the above comment. On my TV1 output I'm seeing the full seven lines and am missing a little bit of line 7 on TV2.
Also, what is the most current software for the 211 and when was it spooled out.

Another argument for it not being the TV is that it only started with the latest update. Glad that others are seeing the same thing.

Since some people see it and some don't, my guess is that it's an interaction between something in the update and certain TVs. Mine is 1080i (won't do 1080p). Is that true for others who see the problem?

You should have found your search history is erased. I use this to search for 20 or more titles on 2 DVRs, in hopes of finding them someday.

They buried the HDD access. Now you have to do DVR + 6 to get to off-screen Media selection (5 displayed), then External/Photo, then read or write. (You can scroll down on the DVR list, especially if you notice the half filled triangle at the bottom of the list.) At least, a disk startup does put you on the review disk or save to disk screen.

-Ken

I mentioned that in another thread before I noticed the search bug. I thought that it might just be fixed by a hard reboot but it didn't. It still defaults to Sports. The EHD select is much easier to do by hitting menu multimedia.

I had seceral searches in the history and reused them every week or so. I am not happy that they have been erased.
Especially since I do not remember what they were.:rolleyes:

After the update to my 722, I've seen some strange behavior with the new guide that I haven't seen mentioned. With the 6 (really 7) line setting, I only see a portion of the last line. When I page forward, the guide advances by 7, so I have to step back one if I want to see that last line. (Hope that makes sense). Not a killer, but annoying. It's possible it's my TV (an old 1080i tube set), but the other guide settings look fine.

PS. Give us back the option to turn off the live video window!!

I had the same issue when I used a square screen(4:3) TV.Had to always use the 1 1/2 hour guide(5 lines) now I am using 2 HDTVs (16:9 Widescreen) the 3 hour guide shows all 7 lines.I still have a SDTV(4:3) inline also and for that screen I use the 1 1/2 hour guide (5 Lines).;)
You maybe able to access your adjustments to adjust the picture screen to solve your problem,if not you would need a TV repairman to come out and adjust your TV.Good Luck!:)

L685 here and I get "Partial Signal Loss" repeatedly and apparently at random. 8 times while I was on the phone with retention... but the 211 never lost signal at all.

I got the new software last Friday, June 17. I got the random "Partial Signal Loss" screen before, and I'm still getting this random screen with the new software. Sometimes it requires several channel changes to lose this screen and restore the channel. Otherwise, the guide is very responsive and I've yet to encounter any sluggishness. I, too, lost my search history.

Eric

Any chance I canhide sd versions of a channel and show hd only if there is one like the setting on my 722k

Dan,

I used the channel lock option and locked all the sd versions of dual feed channels. This removed them from the guide and they don't show when surfing. I used same option to remove other channels as well (shopping, religious, info only, etc)

PS Don't lock channel subject to free previews unless you don't care for them or already get everything anyway.

Last edited:
Dan,

I used the channel lock option and locked all the sd versions of dual feed channels. This removed them from the guide and they don't show when surfing. I used same option to remove other channels as well (shopping, religious, info only, etc)

PS Don't lock channel subject to free previews unless you don't care for them or already get everything anyway.

Correct, the easiest way I have found is make a Favorites List.Then you can select which channels you wish to see.:)

Just glad I was chosen as worthy of the L685 upgrade :) . Though, I got in a bit later than some...

[*]Dish Platinum can now be accessed from the top menu moving Midnight Lounge and My Media down. My Media can now be accessed by scrolling down to number 6 or pressing "6" on the remote.

Reading a bunch of these old posts on updates, I found this one from 5-25-11 #18 From MattG(Dish) I have Dish Platinum and really do not understand just what he stated here. Can some one enlighten me as to just what he stated?

Reading a bunch of these old posts on updates, I found this one from 5-25-11 #18 From MattG(Dish) I have Dish Platinum and really do not understand just what he stated here. Can some one enlighten me as to just what he stated?

DVR button - 5 on 622/722/722k, that is if you have the latest software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts