VIP722 SW Release L685

Still don't have it here.

Dish maybe having some problems.The last few days I have been up in the early mornings and my 722k/wMT2 does it's 3AM reboot,then later while I'm watching I get the window that pops up saying they need to check my receiver for the latest software updates.I select yes then it does it's thing and afterwards I check it it still has L683.:confused:

Dish maybe having some problems.The last few days I have been up in the early mornings and my 722k/wMT2 does it's 3AM reboot,then later while I'm watching I get the window that pops up saying they need to check my receiver for the latest software updates.I select yes then it does it's thing and afterwards I check it it still has L683.:confused:

I've had my 722 reboot on it's own several times. I can tell from incomplete recordings or in 1 case, the recording was split into 2 with a 4 minute gap. Also, today I was deleteing from my ehd and then went to change to an ota channel and it rebooted.

Just because it is checking for new updates doesn't mean that it will be s/w updates. It will do that every night for guide updates.

Not really. Even when the notes and things are released, all it will say is "partial release - 100k" or something like that. They don't specify what receiver numbers get it (they spool s/w other ways besides Receiver number sometimes IIRC)

Thank you. I was wondering if they even put out a target date to complete the roll out. I gather not.

Still, I'm quite happy with the current sw.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but when I got 685 it changed my guide format to small text (I was using medium) and set my preferences to HD only. Both of which I had to change. It kept the banner off, that's one good thing.

Other than that the overall response of the receiver seems to have gotten a tad faster, it's almost instantaneous with everything, hope it stays that way. Search history is gone as well.

Thats the part of the "HDMI detect", I beleive. I read it 5 pages back I think, long thread.

My 622 finally got its update. I did not have a chance to check the 722 this AM.

Not sure what I think of the new font in the but I am going to give it a shot before switching it back.

I wouldn't want to be around if you ever won the lottery!;)

What, not close to my dear long lost cousin? ;)

As of last night, I did not have the new s/w. But I gather from reports here that I may well find it there tonight.

Still hanging out with L674 on my 722. :( Still no word on these features coming to my 612's either. :cry:

Still hanging out with L674 on my 722. :( Still no word on these features coming to my 612's either. :cry:
Aw, don't feel sad. I'm sure you'll get the update... eventually.:eek: In the meantime, just relax and have some coffee.:coffee Then, when you do finally get the update, you'll be just as excited as I was a few posts ago.:eek::D

I was probably more excited than most.
My menu system was going so slow on L683 that I was about to my breaking point.
Since getting the L685 a few weeks ago I have not had one single slow down.:cheer2:

Just got l685 on my two 722ks. Only anoyed by the banar on epix. Will the 222k get any of the new features. I like being able to show the hd version in the guide only if there is a hd version aviable without loosing the sd channels in the guide.

Downstairs ViP722 updated, upstairs has not. No probs so far. I had put almost everything onto an EHD, just in case.

I only have it on 1 receiver, had it for maybe 2 wks, no problems to report, I have NOT noticed a lag with the guide button yet, fingers crossed it doesn't show up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)