VIP722 SW Release L685

With L685 I've lost the ability to change the orientation of what I'm viewing. If I hit the format button the remote it cycles through the formats, but the screen doesn't change.

With L685 I've lost the ability to change the orientation of what I'm viewing. If I hit the format button the remote it cycles through the formats, but the screen doesn't change.
I just tested this on mine, with TMC-E (an HD feed but showing non-HD movie right now) and it cycled normaly for me. I then tested it on Showtime's CS? or what ever that is.. (an HD station with HD content displayed) and it also cycled fine .. I also tried Sundance.

Try the standard three fingered salute w/power unplug ... and then try again... also list a couple of channels you've seen it happen on and several others can test this too!

Ray, I did as you suggested and they began cycling again like they should. When I did it before it wouldn't do it on 214 (TWC) or 106 (TVLand). But after doing it on a DVR recording it seems to have fixed it. If it happens again I'll let you know.

One other thing that is now there with this update is a on-screen timer when you pause a program. I don't think that's been mentioned in this thread and I've never seen it before. I like it.

One other thing that is now there with this update is a on-screen timer when you pause a program. I don't think that's been mentioned in this thread and I've never seen it before. I like it.

There has always been a timer. Maybe it looks different. Can't remember it not ever being there.

What happens is when you pause live TV, the pause bar you've always seen shows up for about ten seconds, then after that it goes away, and a little pause icon pops up in the top right corner, with the timer. On recorded TV, same behavior, except it's just an icon without the timer.

There has always been a timer. Maybe it looks different. Can't remember it not ever being there.
As 2HaloODST points out.. little one ...

I'm just grateful it doesn't stay on screen! ... When BigBang is on ... at the end beavis does his flash card.. had to show my sister that you hit the "step" forward button and the pause bar at the bottom goes away so you can read the whole card... And it seems the forward skip is finally getting better in L685 ... with my old 625's ... no problem skip forward a frame to remove the pause bar, and do frame advance... prior to L685 (well it got better in L683 some and then even more it seems in 685) you'd pause.. hit skip forward.. and sometimes it would jump back a minute, sometimes it would jump forward a couple seconds... leaving you to try and try again to get it to pause and then skip one frame forward.. :)

What happens is when you pause live TV, the pause bar you've always seen shows up for about ten seconds, then after that it goes away, and a little pause icon pops up in the top right corner, with the timer. On recorded TV, same behavior, except it's just an icon without the timer.

I was updated to L676 and now have the same feature.

Can you give us an idea of the progress on the ViP722 updating?

Not really. Even when the notes and things are released, all it will say is "partial release - 100k" or something like that. They don't specify what receiver numbers get it (they spool s/w other ways besides Receiver number sometimes IIRC)

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
Not really. Even when the notes and things are released, all it will say is "partial release - 100k" or something like that. They don't specify what receiver numbers get it (they spool s/w other ways besides Receiver number sometimes IIRC)

No rush on mine, I am not that obsessed about an upgrade

Thinking about getting Dish TV

1000.4 west arc pointing problems- 119 received on 129

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)