VIP722 SW Release L685

Just received L686 just after midnight pacific time on my 722k, the change is the guide, BIG improvement, smooth scrolling and I like the green highlight, so far 2 thumbs up!

Glad to hear about the "Smooth Scrolling". I am keeping my fingers crossed here.
Still running L683 on my 722k.
And what green highlight are you guys refering to?

In the guide the colors were changed a s/w change or two ago. But this update also changed the guide labels. To match the 922

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using SatelliteGuys

The color (highlight) depends on which guide you are in. In the custom guide I use for Video it is brown, for my Music one it is lt blue. It completely depends on which you are in. Why don't you RSN guys make your own custom guides. W/mapdown it is UNLIKELY that it will switch tween an HD and SD automagicly. BTW so far the scrolling is much better and the speed at which the remote addresses the unit is allot better.

In the guide the colors were changed a s/w change or two ago. But this update also changed the guide labels. To match the 922

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using SatelliteGuys

Will this new software be for the 722 as well? I have L 674 as of now....:mad:

I thought that would be a good thing. If you have it set to only display the HD channel, it will also display the SD RSN to make sure you don't miss any games (since not all games are in HD).

earlier quote
I don't see how it would be smart enough to enable the SD only for part-time HD channels. If it can though, that doesn't bode well for seeing the RSNs full-time any time soon... :eek:

I got an update (showing L676)as I now have dish cinema and dish platinum on my dish on demand screen, but all of my DVRed programming was deleted and I have extra channels in my favorites. Is this normal?

I wouldn't think that's normal... At least the DVR programming being deleted part... I hope that is an isolated case...

jmw194 said:
I got an update (showing L676)as I now have dish cinema and dish platinum on my dish on demand screen, but all of my DVRed programming was deleted and I have extra channels in my favorites. Is this normal?

I had all my dvr recordings deleted about a month or 2 ago. Not sure if it was in conjunction with a software update, a fluke, or an indication of HD failure, have been moving all important dvd material to ehd immedkatly instead of after watching just on case.
FYI Ihave not received the latest update as of this morning.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

help

I have two DVR722, one has got the update of L6.76 and the other has not. So how do i get the other one to update. I have tried to unplug it for a little bit and then plug it back in, and nothing. I have tried to change the update time to force update when i was setting in front of it, it would go though its thing and reboot and still not update.

I also have another question the one that has got the update to L6.76, it keeps trying to record everything that is on my scheduled list instead of all the new episodes. I have tried to delet it and then add it again and it still wants to record every show that is on.

I can't seem to get the guide data to load past tonight at 10pm. When I go into the 3rd if I backtrack time the date jumps to 6/28. Rather curious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)