VIP722 & VIP722K - No Internet connection

Byron56

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
I have 3 receivers at our house - VIP722, VIP722K, and a VIP612.

The internet connection was working fine the last time I check (a few months ago) on all 3. Today I checked them and only the VIP612 (which connects over wifi) says it is connected.

The VIP722 and VIP722K obtain a valid IP address and DNS servers via DHCP, but on the status say "Not Connected" I connected a laptop to each cable one at a time and it works just fine. I connected each of the receivers directly to the cable modem and other than getting a differant (but valid) IP address, no differance.

Appears to be an issue with the software in the 722's - can anybody confirm that this is an issue that DISH is aware of?

Thanks

I have 3 receivers at our house - VIP722, VIP722K, and a VIP612.

The internet connection was working fine the last time I check (a few months ago) on all 3. Today I checked them and only the VIP612 (which connects over wifi) says it is connected.

The VIP722 and VIP722K obtain a valid IP address and DNS servers via DHCP, but on the status say "Not Connected" I connected a laptop to each cable one at a time and it works just fine. I connected each of the receivers directly to the cable modem and other than getting a differant (but valid) IP address, no differance.

Appears to be an issue with the software in the 722's - can anybody confirm that this is an issue that DISH is aware of?

Thanks

This is a known issue and should be resolved with a future software update. In some cases putting the receiver in the router's DMZ or enabling UPnP on the router will resolve the issue. You would need to refer to your internet provider for instructions on these solutions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts