visionsat iv200 recording issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avg1joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Southern Maine
I am becoming increasingly annoyed with my visionsat. I sent the following email to their tech support. Is anyone else having similar issues?

I own a visionsat iv200 with a connected usb drive. I am currently running firmware v145 with a motorized (sg2100) dish and a standard ku lnb.

I have been experiencing problems with the timed recordings. Sometimes they happen a day early. Sometimes the iv200 turns on and tunes in the channel but doesn't record.

Usually I have been able to hit the record button to manually record but today I hit the record button to record a show that was currently on. When I hit the record button again to change the duration of the recording to 2.5 hours it had defaulted to 24 hours and would not allow me to change this value.

I have tried reloading the firmware by usb and have tried a few different versions of the firmware all with similar results.

Is this a known issue? How can I fix it?

Anomalies

Iam also experiencing several quirks with the ivisionsat. Most of the
problems go away for awhile if you power down the unit with the power switch. I would start a recording via the epg without having a
usb device plugged in and the receiver would issue a nag message
every 10 sec. Was unable to stop the recording. Powered the unit
down via power switch and was able to stop the recording while in
epg. Other things fixed with power cycle : receiver would stop key
repeats while viewing channel list, after blind scan you get channel
error messages, receiver would not lock in on channel with low SR,
motor would not move or move the either limit and stop, and blind
scan not find any channels. Lip sync problem on G10 seems to go
away after power cycle.

have you tried the newest factory software?

I have no issues that either of you describe with my Visionsat

1.20 and 1.45 here with no difference - symptoms are intermittent. Although the
channel error after blind scan is pretty consistent.

As noted above I'm using v145 based on your recommendation in another thread, Iceberg. I've had issues with 120 and 145. I can't remember if I had similar troubles with the other versions or if they started with 120.

I have not noticed the issues that ng54 mentioned, at least not with recent versions of the firmware.

After a normal sat scan, I leave menu system, look thru the channels and then go
back into the search menu and do a blind scan it completes ok. Back out of the menu
system and change channels. The first channel I go to is black and then a moment later a channel error message shows up. Hitting the up or down button does not make
a difference just all black then error. Do a power switch reset and problem goes away and all channels available. So far I have tried this on G3, G10, G26, and G25. My setup
is Ivisionsat, invacom single universal lnb, 36" dish with satcontrol motor. Iam going to
try much older firmware tonight.

After a normal sat scan, I leave menu system, look thru the channels and then go
back into the search menu and do a blind scan it completes ok. Back out of the menu
system and change channels. The first channel I go to is black and then a moment later a channel error message shows up. Hitting the up or down button does not make
a difference just all black then error. Do a power switch reset and problem goes away and all channels available. So far I have tried this on G3, G10, G26, and G25. My setup
is Ivisionsat, invacom single universal lnb, 36" dish with satcontrol motor. Iam going to
try much older firmware tonight.
That's not at all what I see on mine, using v1.45 firmware. If it's consistent, it's a real problem. You might even try a recent version of the pirate firmware and see if the same symptoms persist, for troubleshooting. By staying with recent releases , you could keep from introducing bugs in earlier versions.

Playing with V1.18 blind scan issue went away, but KUIL Fox Beamont would no longer
lock in. Loaded V1.09 and blind scan would only find one channel KUIL which would lock in
instantly. (???) Reported TP was 12556 v 2170 and that channel is normally 11707 v 2170. I always do a factory reset before and after loading firmware. I have been using a usb stick for loading the firmware. Switched to Rs232 cable this morning and loaded
V1.09 again It loaded and seems to work well. So maybe something with the USB stick?

Last edited:
The only really negative issue that I know of, with the IV200, is the default blindscan range. Set your scan range manually from 11700 to 12200, and see if that helps at all. You are going to encounter other issues , if you play with early firmware releases . One such issue is "locking up" on 4:2:2 feeds, necessitating a power cycle to reset.

I'm not sure what was going on but I had the time to reload firmware to v120, scan some channels in and test a timed recording five minutes long. The test worked fine. So far, so good.

I programmed timed recordings for this week. Sunday 0:00am, 9pm and 11pm. Monday at 9pm and Monday-Friday at 9:00am.

Last night (Saturday) the box recorded at 9 and 11. It did not record at Midnight. Although the day and time are set correctly it appears to have recorded a day early.

avg1joe

if you're dealing with a midnite recording, I would just set it for 11:59PM instead. I've had issues with FTA boxes and midnite settings not going right. Set it for 11:59 and no issues :)
(also had issues with my Starchoice box doing the same thing too)

If I hit the record button it is defaulting to 24 hour recording again without the option to change it.

I'll try the 11:59 setting in the future.

Curiously when I tried to edit the 0:00am setting to 11:59 a box popped up saying that I couldn't change the time because it was currently running. I was able to delete it though.

There is a way to change the default to 2 hours if you press record. Its in the settings (mine isnt hooked up right now so I cant check)

also, if you hit the record button a couple times it pops up a screen that allows you to set the existing recording to stop at X time (between 5 minutes and 24 hours)

I just checked the settings quickly and didn't see an option to change the default recording length for when you hit the record button.

What I was trying to convey in my earlier post is that when I hit the record button, it should default to two hours. It defaulted to 24hours.

When I hit the record button twice, it should allow me to change the 24hours to the length of time I choose by using the left and right buttons on the remote in the appropriate spot. This didn't work. It stayed at 24 hours.

I turned the box off and on in the back and so far it is defaulting to 2 hour recordings. I'll know later today (after a programmed recording) if it is acting normally in other ways, temporarily.

These issues have been recurring in a frustratingly frequent and predictable fashion.

I haven't heard from Visionsat yet.

shoot a PM to SatelliteAv. They work with Visionsat on the bugs.

I'll check tonite on mine hoew to change that to 2 hour default

On my IV200, before I power it off, the default recording time is 2 hours 40 minutes. After a restart , the default recording time is 2 hours. I can't say I know "how and why" the time changes. I also can't find any place to specifically set a default record time.

Quick Note: Maxium file size for Fat32 file system is 4GB. After starting a recording session
hit record button again to adjust time frame?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts