Vizio TV question could be part of dish too

I’ve been looking at the manual for your TV. It is very important that you plug your Hopper into HDMI port 5. It is the only port that accepts 60hz and the Hopper is 60hz for both HD and 4K.
The other ports support 1080p/i 720p at 60 hz

You may also want to try unplugging the tv. Then hold the power button on the tv down for 30 seconds. Then power back up

But the Hopper can be a 4K receiver. It makes sense to permanantly set up for what that receiver can accomplish.
You don’t know what else he has though. Could have a ATV4K which should probably occupy that port

I had a Vizio tv for about 6 months a couple of years ago. The first one had a line across the screen. Had to replace it so they came out and gave me another one. The replacement lasted longer but started turning itself off randomly. Had to unplug it to reboot it over and over again. Finally gave it to Charity and got me a Phillips 4k tv and it works well. The only issue I have is when the hdmi control is turned on the hopper , it will sometimes not catch the sound for the a/v receiver. So I have to turn on the tv first then the a/v receiver by button and it will then recognize the a/v receiver and play out of the speakers. Minor irritation but other than that the picture is great and everything works. I haven't had to unplug my phillips tv once.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Maybe I've missed it but has he indicated that the TV works at all, with anything ?

Best I can tell no. I tried as did others have but not really a straight answer. He seems to be saying the Hopper and Roku do not work.

Reactions: dishdude
Did one thru three what you said the power light on the tv left bottom side keeps going off and on did power cycled a bunch of times unplugged the power cable from the tv drained the power from the tv no such luck thinking it is the tv that is the problem?looks like it is a power up problem and there is no picture
So you hooked the Hopper up to another TV? Did you get a picture?

Input top left power to the right three buttons Amazon, Netflix iHeartradio keypad on the bottom of the remote. Vizio TV is M50-C1: do you guys think it is the main board is the problem?
You haven't given us enough information to even be sure the TV is the problem, much less the main board. Tell us EXACTLY what you have done and what results you have gotten.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Not yet. That’s why I asked him to press Menu on his remote. That would at least tell us whether the TV is capable of any picture at all.
Yeah, seems like the most basic level of "troubleshooting" has been overlooked by him. I mean, it's a smart TV - turn the damn thing on with NOTHING connected and you'll get a pretty vibrant menu system/interface that makes it obvious if the TV itself works.

Best I can tell no. I tried as did others have but not really a straight answer. He seems to be saying the Hopper and Roku do not work.
I caught his reference to the ROKU not working as well and immediately thought, "uhhh, maybe it's the TV...".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)