Voom 4 or 6 Way Muti Swtich ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jim1961

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
North Carolina
Hi All, first all, nice site here,so glad it's here :cool: ok to my ?... i am supposed to get installed on 3/15/04, i ordered the 0 down deal with va va voom pak. with 4 voom stb, will i have to pay for a 4 way muti swtich & if so what is a good price for one, allso if i do have to pay for it can i go ahead & get a 6 way muti switch in case i need to add one more stb later down the road, right now i am with DTV with 4 stb & i might drop them if i like voom better, i have 2 hdtv & 2 sd tv...i just hope i will be happy with the sd on the non hdtv's compared to dtv...

Anyway any help with the muti switch will be great.....Thanks All :)

I thought a 2x4 multi (or 3x4 with diplexer built in to switch) was limit, but then again I do remember more outs on some switches, you are just running two lines from a dual LNB in. Eagle Aspen makes good switches, but any 22 tone switching switch should work. All switches except the whatky DirecTV SatC switch and all Dish switches are pretty standard and pretty cheap.

There is a setup under the hidden setup menu to tell the boxes they are in a switched configuration.

I have had good luck with eagle aspen myself.Also good luck with perfect vision.Switches are pretty cheap these days.I include them on all of my multi-room dtv sales.just make sure it is installed out of the weather.

So it looks like i will have to pay for the muti switch, i wonder if the installer will even have one with him,lol...& if one in a million chance he does have one i wonder what he will try to charge for it :shocked & if it will be a decent one :no oh well this most likey will be another delayed install :mad:

You should never pay more than 50.00 bucks for a 4 way.Eightway switches sell for around $100.00.If they price gouge you just e-mail me...I'll sell you one for $30.00 including shipping!!!

dishsystems said:
You should never pay more than 50.00 bucks for a 4 way.Eightway switches sell for around $100.00.If they price gouge you just e-mail me...I'll sell you one for $30.00 including shipping!!!

Ok Thanks, i just might do that :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)