Voom Adds More! (WealthTVHD, Fine Living, DIY,..)

vurbano said:
Id try a better camera. The pics are so bad I dont see how anyone could tell a difference anyway. PS Im glad you have a lot of dishes:rolleyes: But if you want to make a boast about Vooms picture being equivalent you would have to produce the bitrate numbers and resolution. Also your boast about the worst Voom channel looking better than the best E* channel goes against 99% of every commentary I have heard about E* HD PQ.
I'm working on the camera. It was the fastest I could do as I know you cannot hold you breath that long. My theater is designed for cinema viewing not photography. If you want pictures of the bitrate numbers you'll have to wait.

Concerning compression: That is the ONLY way the signal gets to the satellite. The problem is not compression but OVER compression. The transmission rate must match.

Re encode: What? you think Voom will not encode and therefore put it in the clear so everyone can watch that has a dish and receiver?

If you don't have Dish and only can listen and believe what others say, I've got some saltwater property to sell you on the Freshwater river. The perfect example of Dish and Voom is the Discovery HD channel. The video image is grainy on both Dish and Directv. Discovery is probably the best HD transmission in the country. The original source C-band 1080i feed is not grainy and on Voom the C-band vs Voom feed is documented by many, many C-Banders who also have Voom as being indistinguishable. THAT is not what we have here with WealthTv. The Wealth transmission rate is 11.71, HDnet is 28, Starz, HBO, Cinemax is 29. DiscoveryHD is 29.2

Any other questions?

Thanks VOOM for adding another HD channel. NOW GIVE ME ESPN2-HD. And please do it using the bandwidth of channel 700 to avoid more compression in other channels.

Here we go again...!!!
It's great that Voom is adding channels and finally some more HD.
Although I'm not to excited about the channels themselves, just knowing that Voom is in fact moving forward is a good sign in my book.

No again I have to ask...Why aren't they promoting any of this? They don't even have the previous additions on the website. If Voom wants more subs, they should launch a ad campaign and let the word out. I have noticed a huge marketing effort for D*, E* and Comcast on TV, radio and print with huge promotions and information...nothing anywhere near those levels from Voom yet!

I have to agree that WealthTV did not look very good this morning. But give 'em a break, guys! It always takes some tweaking to get the PQ right. I am sure it will get better.

Wealth TV, some programs in HD, others not?

seandudley said:
IMO, some of the video looks awful, and some of it looks good on the channel. The PQ varies widely depending on what they are showing. The shots which show the Wealth TV spokespeople look pretty good to me.

I concur, some of the content looks great, like auction, while others look upconverted...I am just wondering but if you scroll through the guide, some of the programs are designated "HD" while others are not.

vurbano said:
WHat have you disproved????????? I sure hope the probation line of work doesnt involve any judiciary involvement with your standard of Proof. Prove that Voom doesnt compress or re encode the signal. "O well it looks the same to me and I have some crappy pics to prove it" therefore it is the same? And BTW I have all these Dishes so I must be right? :rolleyes:
Let's see where do I start. If I told you I've been shot at and you did not believe me, would you want pictures of the slug in mid air on the way and the velocity it was traveling? Or how about this: if someone on probation only verbally admits to using a drug, any drug, is that proof to send them to prison? Vurbano face it, your out of your league with me. The only way you get on probation IS through the judiciary and the standard of proof is 51%. Smart people know that.

Regarding the dishes. . . your jealous. Vurbano did you know jealousy is a character flaw. . . . . which is why you have taken this thread which began as a great announcement that Voom added more channels and one of them was an HD channel and have brought it to this point attacking me.

Mod Edit...

timfouts said:
Let's see where do I start. If I told you I've been shot at, would you want pictures of the slug in mid air on the way and the velocity it was traveling? Or how about this: if someone on probation only admits to using a drug, any drug, is that proof to send them to prison? Vurbano face it, your out of your league with me. The only way you get on probation IS through the judiciary and the standard of proof is 51%. Smart people that.

Regarding the dishes. . . your jealous and jealousy is a character flaw. . . . . which is why you have taken this thread which was a great announcement that Voom added more channels and one of them is an HD channel and have brought it to this low level.

Care to take a drug test?

How long have you had Voom? I have been with Voom from near the start and I do agree with alot that Vurbano posts. I have not seen Wealth TV with my own eyes, but when I get home, I will see what it looks like @ 102"'s, 46"'s, and 27"'s HD. I also have Dish Network, and after sub'ing to D*, E* and Voom, I can say that E*'s HD is the best. Voom is 2nd and D* is 3rd. These are my opinions so do not flame me. When I first got Voom a year and a half ago, the box was full of bugs and the Pic was much better. Since the new encoders, the picture quality has been worse, blocky during movement and the SD is blurry. Not speaking for anyone else, but I got Voom for the HD and kept another service for the sd and rsn's. I think some of us are frustrated that the current Pic quality has not improved.

I personally will not really watch any of the channels added this month. My son will watch the cartoon channels. I might click the Wealth channel on every so often just because it's HD.

Even though I do not really care for any of the recent additions, I still think it's great they were added! 10 days left until the deadline and VOOM is still adding channels. I think that is a great sign.

I am waiting for the RSN's, ESPN2HD and maybe even the InHD's or HDNet. I will wait for these channels and will be happy when they are added. My girlfriend would love QVC (rolleyes).

New channels will come in due time. Until they add what I want I will keep on enjoying VOOM and be happy for now at least that they are still in operation. In a few months I might start getting edgy for the DVR and for the channels I want, but for now at least, I am still a very happy VOOMer!

Dish Roamer said:
How long have you had Voom? I have been with Voom from near the start and I do agree with alot that Vurbano posts. I have not seen Wealth TV with my own eyes, but when I get home, I will see what it looks like @ 102"'s, 46"'s, and 27"'s HD. I also have Dish Network, and after sub'ing to D*, E* and Voom, I can say that E*'s HD is the best. Voom is 2nd and D* is 3rd. These are my opinions so do not flame me. When I first got Voom a year and a half ago, the box was full of bugs and the Pic was much better. Since the new encoders, the picture quality has been worse, blocky during movement and the SD is blurry. Not speaking for anyone else, but I got Voom for the HD and kept another service for the sd and rsn's. I think some of us are frustrated that the current Pic quality has not improved.
No flames from me. This all started this morning when Vurbano was blaming Voom for Wealthtv's poor transmission. I have all the services and can compare them side by side. I've had Voom since 12-07-03 and I had the buggy boxes also. I cannot figure why Rainbow chose Motorola but since the industry de facto scrambling system in the 80's came from GI bought by Motorola and the digital cable channels are transmitted in DigicipherII-another Motorola invention-it's understandable. Our C/Ku band 4DTV satellite receiver is full of bugs and it is manufactured by guess who? Motorola.

PQ was superior until the new encoders. Believe it or not, the SD channels on Voom were just as good from a large consensus of people who had C-band, IF the channel was an analog signal on C-band. The digital channels(original transmission on C-band) that are in SD look bad because they look bad on C-band. Now since the new encoders, all bets are off.

Sean Mota started a rant on Sunday while we were watching Worldsport live. Quality is now suffering and we all think this is unacceptable. My beef is Voom sometimes gets blamed for things unjustly

BTW, I'm watching Wealth on C-band right now and fast action has pixelation (blocking)

Dish Roamer said:

Get a decent 102", 46" and 27" HDTV, that was easy. Next? I do, however, disagree. I haven't seen E* on my newer TV, so it is not an apples/apples comparison, but I think it was less sharp than the Voom HD content. D* really isn't even worth the energy I would expend in typing the comparison. Voom is not perfect, but it is clearly superior to any other choice if you are looking for HD content.

A 9" HDTV? Sweet! I will have to get one for the kitchen. LOL

For what its worth, I just saw a few minutes of wealth, I saw a promo that looked like decent HD, and then two shows. One show looked like an up-convert and the other was just plain rough looking. Like others have said, the quality looks spotty, but I'd guess that has more to do with wealth’s feed rather than Vooms broadcast.

TDC-HD on the other hand looks great; I think it’s safe to say that the picture quality of all the channels is in flux. I wouldn’t worry much yet.

timfouts said:
Let's see where do I start. If I told you I've been shot at and you did not believe me, would you want pictures of the slug in mid air on the way and the velocity it was traveling? Or how about this: if someone on probation only verbally admits to using a drug, any drug, is that proof to send them to prison? Vurbano face it, your out of your league with me. The only way you get on probation IS through the judiciary and the standard of proof is 51%. Smart people know that.

Regarding the dishes. . . your jealous. Vurbano did you know jealousy is a character flaw. . . . . which is why you have taken this thread which began as a great announcement that Voom added more channels and one of them was an HD channel and have brought it to this point attacking me.

Care to take a drug test?
You continue to go off on tangents neglecting the issue. Youve even managed to fabricate an attack on yourself.

Again, You havent proven Voom doesnt compress the channel.

timfouts said:
Any other questions?

Yes actually, what is the transmission rate on Voom for Wealth HD? and the resolution. Without it you cant prove anything

MODS Please start awarding vacations or many users will simply stop visiting. This is getting absurd. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts