Voom Adds More! (WealthTVHD, Fine Living, DIY,..)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Everyone should upgrade to VAVaVoom

In my opinion Every voom subscriber should upgrade to VaVa Voom..

It is our way of supporting Mr Dolan. That extra $30 or so will help them with programming fees, and it is our way of saying Voom's survival is worth the extra $30 a month.

So dig into your wallets, $30 dollars to ensure the survival of voom, and to get extra programming down the line, would show our love and support of voom.

Imagine if the lights are turned off next month, we are left naked.

In these tring times everyone should hold of on the criticisizm, about pic quality, these will sort itself out. Support Voom and Mr dolan so we have a voom , and a dvr, and then we have the rest of our lives to bitch.

calikarim said:

It is our way of supporting Mr Dolan. That extra $30 or so will help them with programming fees, and it is our way of saying Voom's survival is worth the extra $30 a month.

So dig into your wallets, $30 dollars to ensure the survival of voom, and to get extra programming down the line, would show our love and support of voom.

When I first saw thsi I thought well I don't know about that some may not be able to afford it. But I agree with you 100%!!!! What impact do you think it would have if Voomers did it for at leat 1 month. The extra $30 for a month is possible for most and the impact would be very significant at corporate level!!

calikarim said:

In these tring times everyone should hold of on the criticisizm, about pic quality, these will sort itself out. Support Voom and Mr dolan so we have a voom , and a dvr, and then we have the rest of our lives to bitch.
Sorry...I love Va Va VOOM and many of the 21 Exclusives, but I would rather downgrade since I only need 1 or 2 plus packs. As far as giving Mr. Dolan an extra $30 a month...what he really needs is another half-million subscribers and to release the much anticipated HD DVR. HDTV is picking up steam and will sell itself in time. All VOOM has to do is continue offering the best and most HD and let everyone know they offer SD too.

Thanks for sharing, calikarim. I was just sitting around wondering what programming package you thought I should subscribe to.

He's right! You guys need to be VaVaVuMin! :D

Don't get your hopes up about a "middle tier". Voom needs the cash. They want you all to be VaVaVuMerz.

The next Voom breakthrough will be the DVR. I can smell it! They will keep on adding a few SD channels here and there, too.

GO CHUCK!
GO VOOM!

calikarim said:

In my opinion, everyone should send me $30. But of course, you know what they say about opinions.... :rolleyes:

TheTimm said:
Thanks for sharing, calikarim. I was just sitting around wondering what programming package you thought I should subscribe to.

That was *danged* funny, Tim...

calikarim, you mean if it goes dark they won't just reclaim the box but they will be taking my clothing away also? That's pretty drastic! And it's cold outside! ;) Oh wait- we're just imagining here. Whew! That was close!

ripit, you might be onto something there.... for those stongly suggesting (as demonstrated by very large font size, multiple exclamations points would qualify also) that we should *all* upgrade to help the 'cause' *could* donate to each of us who chose the basic package. Anyone interested in this user to user distributed funding model may contact me via PM, and I will let them know how to donate to my PayPal account. Heck, I'll even watch the occasional HBO or Showtime movie so said doner(s) will know they will be getting their money's worth. :D

calikarim said:

I totally agree and what's really funny about this whole issue is that the people complaining, opps scratch that, voicing their opinions about what tier the new channels appear on and the picture quality of them and others. State they don't have the extra money for VA VA VOOM but two sentences later, they state they were comparing picture quality between their VOOM and Dish or Directv systems last night. hmmmmm, perhaps they could cancel their other systems and then have the money for VA VA VOOM. Increased revenue would look really good to a potential lender. Yes I understand that your mostly getting the HBO's and Showtime etc, but perhaps the Management at VOOM is trying to lure you to that bracket to increase revenue.

In MY opinion, people paying for only the the basic VOOM package are getting more bang for their buck than anywhere else.

VOOMing's cool but VA VA VOOMing's even better. :cool:

Hey Sean, you think you can get the PhpSpell to recognize VOOM as a real word? Foam just doesn't cut it, lol

calikarim said:

Would not this extra money still go into Cablevision, do so when/if Voom is a separate company sure, but now would not help out Mr.Dolan.

bruce said:
Would not this extra money still go into Cablevision, do so when/if Voom is a separate company sure, but now would not help out Mr.Dolan.
Voom is more likely to survive if they can show revenues. An extra $40 from existing customers without a lot of aquisition or support costs is cool.

JL

Just upgrade. Its an extra buck a day. VaVaVoom is twice as good with all the pluspacks you get anyways. Tons of great movies to watch on the premiums IMO :)

Va Va Voom Includes for all new Subscribers

VOOM Package plus much more

Va Va VOOM fills your TV with premium fuel: our full lineup of PlusPacks. It includes every channel from the VOOM Package except Pay-Per-View and adult programming.

Pricing With Va Va VOOM, you get everything in the VOOM Package plus ALL of the PlusPacks. That means the most HD channels and more than 80 SD channels. Over 120 channels in all, including our full premium channel lineup!

See Six Feet Under on HBO HDTV. HBO PlusPack
HBO presents award-winning original programming, boxing and Hollywood's biggest stars.
See Six Feet Under on HBO HDTV.
See Bad Boys II on Cinemax HD. Cinemax PlusPack
See a variety of hits in every genre, with exclusive premieres every Saturday.
See Bad Boys II on Cinemax HD.
See Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days on SHOWTIME HD™. Copyright © 2002 by Paramount Pictures. All rights reserved. SHOWTIME UNLIMITED PlusPack
SHOWTIME and The Movie Channel bring you world-class boxing, popular original shows and hit movies.
See Evelyn on SHOWTIME HD™.
See Radio on STARZ! HD STARZ! PlusPack
From action hits to classic comedies, period pieces to kid's favorites, STARZ! and Encore have it all.
See Radio on STARZ! HD
HD MarqueePack
What a combination: Discovery HD Theater, TNT in HD and Universal HD bring your HDTV to life!

SportsPack
Game on! Get ESPN HD, Fuel, Fox Soccer Channel, The Golf Channel and The Tennis Channel.

Voom has Added 22 channels in 14 days

These are the channels

Wealth Tv 531, Fine Living 527, Do it Yourself 617, History Intl 614,
Cnn INt 404, BBC America 526, NickToons 625, Nick Gas 627, Noggin 628
MTV 2 805, MTV Hits 806, VHI Classics 809, Great American Country 814
Military 619, Discovery Times 620, Discovery Home 621, Science 622, Discovery Kids 623, LIfetime Movies 524, LIfetime Real Women 525, National Geographic 618, Lifetime Move Network 289

That's 22 channels voom has added. Isn't it worth $1 a day to upgrade to va va voom. Support Voom

justalurker said:
Voom is more likely to survive if they can show revenues. An extra $40 from existing customers without a lot of aquisition or support costs is cool.

JL
It would give them another $2mil month in revenue - programming costs.

calikarim said:
These are the channels

Wealth Tv 531, Fine Living 527, Do it Yourself 617, History Intl 614,
Cnn INt 404, BBC America 526, NickToons 625, Nick Gas 627, Noggin 628
MTV 2 805, MTV Hits 806, VHI Classics 809, Great American Country 814
Military 619, Discovery Times 620, Discovery Home 621, Science 622, Discovery Kids 623, LIfetime Movies 524, LIfetime Real Women 525, National Geographic 618, Lifetime Move Network 289

That's 22 channels voom has added. Isn't it worth $1 a day to upgrade to va va voom. Support Voom
voom sure is beaming a lot of channels from 1 sat. now just add the rsn's, outdoor channel, hdnet, inhd1 & 2 and a lot of people are going to be real happy. add the two missin cinemax channels, the missing starz channels and the missing encore channel(s) and voom is going to kick some but. need to get it into circuit city and best buy. look how good they did in south florida with brandsmart.

voom needs to survive or the alternatives suck! sell cablevision if need be and feed the country the most channels ever, all the ones that Mr. Ergen and D* keep promising....

And get the DVR out, ppv and EOD! So much to do, so little time......

As sad as this sounds, I cannot afford $1 more a day to get VA VA VOOM unless I don't want electricity because that's how much my bill is each month, about $40. If I could, I would be tempted but the fact is most of the movie channels repeat the same movies although they aren't as bad as the VOOM originals that repeat the same 2 movies all day long. I don't care for any of the new VA VA VOOM channels, although I have not seen WealthHD so I can't make a judgement on that channel.

If you truely enjoy VOOM, I feel that if you can swing it, upgrading to VaVaVoom is a great way to say thank-you to Charles Dolan - and, be sure to email him that you upgraded and why.

However, I also know what it's like to be on a tight budget and I can understand how many simply can't do it.

After my contract with Dish is up in May, I'll put Dish into hibernation mode and channel (so-to-speak) those extra monthly dollars into VaVaVoom.

VOOM staffers: I truely do appreciate everything you all are doing to make VOOM the new leader in satellite-based content delivery. You're all probably a little nervous about your job security, but hang in there -- VOOM and Chuck have the correct vision and the marketplace will soon recognize that fact.

"If you truely enjoy VOOM, I feel that if you can swing it, upgrading to VaVaVoom is a great way to say thank-you to Charles Dolan - and, be sure to email him that you upgraded and why"

Sorry...not being contrarian here, but I really don't believe that Charles Dolan gives a snake's ass about whether or not you, me, or anyone else upgraded. And I feel no compulsion to "thank" him for anything.

This is business. Dolan is not doing you, me, or anyone else a personal favor here. And honestly, if everyone who reads this forum, that doesn't get VV were to upgrade, it wouldn't matter. No one is sitting around a war room saying "If we can just get to 30,119 VaVa subs, we're over the hump!"

Dolan is trying to do one thing only. Make money where others have said it can't be done. It boils down to ego, period. He doesn't need the money, and either there IS a deal that he's put together, or there isn't.

Lob

Lobstah said:
"If you truely enjoy VOOM, I feel that if you can swing it, upgrading to VaVaVoom is a great way to say thank-you to Charles Dolan - and, be sure to email him that you upgraded and why"

Sorry...not being contrarian here, but I really don't believe that Charles Dolan gives a snake's ass about whether or not you, me, or anyone else upgraded. And I feel no compulsion to "thank" him for anything.

This is business. Dolan is not doing you, me, or anyone else a personal favor here. And honestly, if everyone who reads this forum, that doesn't get VV were to upgrade, it wouldn't matter. No one is sitting around a war room saying "If we can just get to 30,119 VaVa subs, we're over the hump!"

Dolan is trying to do one thing only. Make money where others have said it can't be done. It boils down to ego, period. He doesn't need the money, and either there IS a deal that he's put together, or there isn't.

Lob
I'm sorry for covering your post. " But what a great Honest post" who cares" , " If we get what we what who cares. ", " Maybe the dreamers of what could be"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)