Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok I decided to order tommorow's Pay Per View fight, so I called VOOM.

When I called in I was informed that my bill was past due by the computer and was asked by the computer if I would like to pay it now. I said sure what the hell and punched in my credit card info.

After I was done punching in my credit card info I was put on hold to speak to an agent, within 30 seconds I had someone on the phone (boy thats GREAT considering people were holding up to an hour in the past few weeks) and ordered the boxing event.

After the call I went to Vooms website to check my bill and it says that I am on autopay and the amount I payed today will be debited from my credit card. (see phone) I am hoping that I am not wacked twice for the same bill.

Has this happened to anyone else? And were you charged twice? I dont believe the phone system should tell me I am overdue when I am setup to autopay. Kind of wierd.

Attachments

• voombill.jpg
    voombill.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 228
I had the same experience when ordering the fight a few days ago (recording saying I was past due, entering my CC info, then getting dumped to a CSR). They told me that since I just activated a week ago that it would take around 10 days for my autopay to startup. Probably a stupid question, but how do I get into my billing info from the Voom website?

Go to the My VOOM section. When I signed up they gave me a user/pass for it. If they didn't give you one I think you can enter your account number to create one. I got installed last Wednesday the 7th and I have not been auto-billed yet.

I think it is something to do with their system, i was "overdue" after being a customer for about a week, but I wasn't prompted to enter my CC, nor would I. But, i am still watching so i guess i am kosher...

I was told the payment overdue message was a glitch they were working on. Called today and its not there anymore. Kinda makes you wonder what part of Voom hasn't had a glitch. :D

I called Voom yesterday about an OTA channel mapping issue and received the same message but I did not opt to pay because I know I am already on cc auto-pay and the same thing happened last month, so I just went on to talk to the csr. I mentioned the message and they said their billing program is a little behind and just ignore it.

Anyone get a call from Voom about the quality of the install? Got one last night, gave my install a 1 out of 4 because I have to uninstall it to get it out of my folding table's legs. I also doubt that the installer could have finished the job had I not been there to help him.

There has been a problem with their computer system for over a month now. So if you are on autopay or your bill is current and call Voom and get the message that you are overdue.

DO NOT PAY!!!

Bill

Okay, I logged into 'My Voom' and I don't see anywhere to view my bill. Under the 'Manage my Account' section, my account info such as address and account number show up, but that's it. If I go to 'Your packages', it walks me through ordering Voom even though I already have it. :confused:

Jamesd-

The problem with the install is not related to Voom. Unfortunately the easiest way to install for most satellite companies are to contract out to local install companies. The issue is truly with the installer themselves. You may want to call the installer the did yours and give him some polite feedback on the install. It can only help them get better and will help with moving Vooms growth forward in a positive manner. Hope that helps. My installer hooked it up wrong as well. Good thing we know what we're doing...

Go Voom!!

I think it takes 10 days after the install date before Voom charges you credit card. Also you will receive a hard copy in the mail stating the date your card will be charged which is the same as on their website.

Yea, they have had that bug in their system for a while. A couple of months ago, I called just a couple of days after my install took place and was told I was past due. I transferred to a rep and was told that their system is wacked (probably not their exact words) and to ignore it. It is annoying getting that message that I am past due every time I call in, and I'm sure it confuses people all the time, so let's hope they get that straightened out soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts