Voom box has what looks like a dead pixel....

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
I have my Voom box hooked up to the component input on my Samsung Tantus CRT RPTV. Just off to the right of the screen there is an area where there seems to be a small cluster of white pixels, especially noticeable with dark content. It doesn't change position when I change channels and is there with regular and HD. Could it be the Voom box or some othe rproblem? It doesn't do it with DVD sources on the 2nd component input.
Thanks!
J.

dreaded dead white pixel

Yes... I get them on occasion especially when I switch between channels while viewing a movie I not sure I really want to watch ..but its better then nothing :(

I put the Voom Sat receiver in sleep mode and power off my TV , the pixel comes from the Voom Sat reveiver box, but the HDTV seems to want to keep it here once it arrives, after about one minute I turn both on and go back to watching my movie. :cool:

A quick fix, but imigine if you had bought a $5,000 + plasma , and it developes a bad pixel with no recovery and not repairable, rumor has it that Plasma HD TV may have that problem :no

hope that's helps :yes

happy HD Surfing

Voomster :rainbow

Thanks for the tip. I did a hard reset and it's gone. I'll try the Voom X 2 the next time it happens and let you know how I make out. So I gather this is not too uncommon? Do all boxes do it or some and not others?

J.

cruzmisl said:
Thanks for the tip. I did a hard reset and it's gone. I'll try the Voom X 2 the next time it happens and let you know how I make out. So I gather this is not too uncommon? Do all boxes do it or some and not others?
All boxes do that. It's just a software bug. PG display is not cleared completely sometimes. Some leftover pixels remain. Press VOOM and then WATCH to get rid of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)