Voom Channels Going Black

Raylessans

Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
Gaithersburg, MD
I am having a problem with my Voom. I placed this on another thread, but was not getting any response. I thought a new thread my help.
Problem: At various times my TV screen will go black for about 2 seconds. While there is no picture, the sound continues. This seems only to happen on HD Channels, both from the Satellite and from the local channels OTA. (I have not noticed it on the regular SD channels). I am using a DVI hookup. Voom feels it might be a software glitch and the upgrade might correct it. Has anybody had any experience with it? I am having the TV checked. I have a 61" Samsung DLP TV. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Press and hold the power button on the front of the VOOM box until it reboots.

After its done rebooting this problem should go away. :) (Note it will take around 15 minutes for you to get the guide data back) :D

Boy after this last month..I wish the thread title had a different read.

If the problem persists after a reboot, you might want to try using the component connections as a test to eliminate the DVI interface on the Voom STBand/or your display as the problem.

Good luck,

Doug

Voom Signal

My Picture started to fade also i am using a S Video on the TV in the Bedroom and it was happening on the HD channels. In my living room i am using components and i have not checked out if i am having problems on my Voom box.
I will do hard reboot if happens again but how long do you have to hold down the power button. :D

SonicRob said:
My Picture started to fade also i am using a S Video on the TV in the Bedroom and it was happening on the HD channels. In my living room i am using components and i have not checked out if i am having problems on my Voom box.
I will do hard reboot if happens again but how long do you have to hold down the power button. :D

just hold it down for about 10 seconds and it will reboot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)