Voom channels "Hard to stomach"

Voom is real HD and commercial free. Who wants stretched commercials and stretched programs. ie: Weather channel, scifi, USA etc. I want scifi, but in HD, not stretched SD.
SCIFI HD is not stretched. They do show programs in HD. SGA every friday night is in HD and the bad Flash Gordon and some movies.

I occasionally watch RAVE and Monsters, the rest can go, I woudl give up all the Voom for the list selected! Voom contents is old and mostly stale and not worth occupying 10 channels for it.

my two cents

As has been repeated multiple times in multiple forums, I'll take V* & E*'s 24/7 HD versus D*'s stretch-o-vision w/commercials. It's amazing how D* can take years to catch up and surpass(in channel number count-not necessarily quality) E* in HD but now people expect E* to catch up overnight.

I'm a long time Dish subscriber and upgraded to HD in 2006 (a 622). My first dish setup was a self-install kit in a box I bought at Ultimate Electronics in the 90s.

I do watch several VOOM channels, mostly Equator and Rave with an occasional movie from one of the others. While I like the programming, it is is frustrating how long you have to wait for new shows.

On a somewhat related note, after reading through most of this thread, I tried to watch a bit of Gallery and Treasure, as I hadn't watched them at all. "The List!", linked at the top of the page, shows them at 9472 and 9473 and availble, but I can't tune to them and they don't show up in any of my lists, including "All Channels", "All Sub" and "All HD", which aren't user editable. Are they really there and, if so, why aren't they showing up in my guide or in my channel lists?

Last edited:
On a somewhat related note, after reading through most of this thread, I tried to watch a bit of Gallery and Treasure, as I hadn't watched them at all. "The List!", linked at the top of the page, shows them at 9472 and 9473 and availble, but I can't tune to them and they don't show up in any of my lists, including "All Channels", "All Sub" and "All HD", which aren't user editable. Are they really there and, if so, why aren't they showing up in my guide or in my channel lists?

Never mind. After scrounging around for hours trying to figure this out, I posted my question. Immediately afterword I thought to look in my locked channels and there they were. I'd like to blame someone else in the house, but it had to have been me. :eek:

Last edited:
But, if you never watched the program before it would be like new show to you wouldn't it? It would make no difference to me whether I watch last year's shows now and this year's shows next year. It's all the same programming.

Isn't it funny how when it's on E* it's "hard to stomach", redundant repetition, old news, last years episodes, etc... but when it's on D* its YEAH BABY WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!

Poor poor subscribers, trapped with horrible old HD.

Jeeves, there's an ash in the ashtray in the Bentley - go trade it in, immediately!

Isn't it funny how when it's on E* it's "hard to stomach", redundant repetition, old news, last years episodes, etc... but when it's on D* its YEAH BABY WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!

Poor poor subscribers, trapped with horrible old HD.

Jeeves, there's an ash in the ashtray in the Bentley - go trade it in, immediately!

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but if you're fan of a current show, you're not going to wait a year to see the next episode... nor should you have to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)