Voom channels "Hard to stomach"

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
I love this quote from D's new ad campaign, obviously referring to VOOM channels:

"While Dish Network has HD that’s hard to stomach."

Whose with me on this? Who would like to sacrifice the VOOM channels for stations most of us actually like? Since the precedent has been set, please keep this thread anti-voom only. There's already a thread for pro-voom discussion.

A step further, of the 10 voom channels mentioned in the ad, this is what I think would make more people happy in exchange:

SciFi
USA
FX
CNN
Bravo
Smithsonian
MGM

Then we can add a few premium HD channels.

All in return for stations most of us dont care about.

There are definately some Voom channels I can live without...I would sacrifice any 7 of those channels for the channels mentioned in your last post.

I've said it before.. voom should consolidate, they lack enough programming for all those channels.. if they could keep adding new content like the discovery channels, then I would completely disagree with consolidating them or removing them all together..

I would give in to about half also. I am not sure that "finding room" is the issue. We hear from several that there is plenty of room. Maybe Dish is finding new ways to neogotiate these days. Who knows.

I love this quote from D's new ad campaign, obviously referring to VOOM channels:

"While Dish Network has HD that’s hard to stomach."

Whose with me on this? Who would like to sacrifice the VOOM channels for stations most of us actually like? Since the precedent has been set, please keep this thread anti-voom only. There's already a thread for pro-voom discussion.

D* just shows their ignorance. They can't even spell check Voom channels: Monsers HD (sounds like some French channel:D) and Wold Cinema HD (what is Wold?, maybe they wanted to say Mold:D).
And if you look at the right side of D* ad, where they list their V* counterparts, for me only USAHD and FXHD look interesting. But I am not ignorant, when E* will have space, I want E* to add all of them, and they will, without mocking them. And I'll take most 24/7 V* HD channels at the moment against these 4/7 D* HD channels with edited content with commercial breaks every 10 mins.
Now, next item on the D* side: NFL. If you need Sunday Ticket to follow your team, then go the next item. D* claims 230 games in HD. Fine. Good for D*. But they are saying on the left, that E* not even close. Let's do some math here: 16 weeks X (3 HD afternoon games on CBS and Fox + 1 NBC game + 1 Espn game) + 8 NFL HD games = 98 games. Then if it is not enough then add NFL HD weekly replay games (for me it is enough already, I rarely watch those). Also I have Chicago OTA and Milwaukee OTA, it brings 14 more Bears games in HD. How many games you can watch. And if someone claims to watch all of them, then he doesn't need other HD channels:D
Next item: Locals in HD. First, D* doesn't have locals for all markets. E* has locals for some markets, so that line flawed also.

D* just shows their ignorance. They can't even spell check Voom channels: Monsers HD (sounds like some French channel:D) and Wold Cinema HD (what is Wold?, maybe they wanted to say Mold:D).
And if you look at the right side of D* ad, where they list their V* counterparts, for me only USAHD and FXHD look interesting. But I am not ignorant, when E* will have space, I want E* to add all of them, and they will, without mocking them. And I'll take most 24/7 V* HD channels at the moment against these
4/7 D* HD channels with edited content with commercial breaks every 10 mins.
Now, next item on the D* side: NFL. If you need Sunday Ticket to follow your team, then go the next item. D* claims 230 games in HD. Fine. Good for D*. But they are saying on the left, that E* not even close. Let's do some math here: 16 weeks X (3 HD afternoon games on CBS and Fox + 1 NBC game + 1 Espn game) + 8 NFL HD games = 98 games. Then if it is not enough then add NFL HD weekly replay games (for me it is enough already, I rarely watch those). Also I have Chicago OTA and Milwaukee OTA, it brings 14 more Bears games in HD. How many games you can watch. And if claim to watch all of them, then you don't need other HD channels:D
Next item: Locals in HD. First, D* doesn't have locals for all markets. E* has locals for some markets, so that line flawed also.

Dish has plenty of sports!!! Just because they don't have as much as Directv, doesn't mean it isn't enough. When I was with Directv I subscribed to the Sunday Ticket and might have watched 1-2 more games per week than what I would have watched without it (for close to $200 at the time). On saturdays, with Dish, I can turn on the tv from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00a.m. the the next morning and watch nothing but College Football all in HD!! (no re-runs either).

Sorry, I just realized these comments were off-topic....uh...back to Voom.

Drop NO.
Bring on the rest of the Voom channels!
Back to OTA HD if Vooms are gone.
Voom bashers are without cause.
Every channel mentioned before has as many or more repeats and mostly of non HD content.

Lets get back on topic. The topic is: Voom channels should go (if space is an issue) to make way for channels more than 12 people have interest in.

Better suggestion and much less work at the uplinks if 12 people interested in WeatherHD, CNNHD will go to another provider. Leave V* alone already;)

Funny when people who love and defend the Voom channels speak highly of them, they typically only mention one or two channels. They seem to be very quite on the other 13. :confused:

I got one thing to say to all the Voom defenders....Shake and Bake!

and yes that just happen.

Look at the number of HD channels DirecTV has.

Now count up the number of hours that those channels have REAL HD content on those channels.

Some channels such as Bravo HD and Cartoon Network HD have ZERO HD content. How can they be HD channels with no HD?

I should start a new channel called INVISIBLE HD and announce that it is on every cable and satellite provider. And I can claim that our HD looks good too, and then I can claim that we have more HD then Bravo HD and Cartoon Network HD to boot! :D

I bet there is still less HD on DirecTV then is on just the VOOM channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts