Voom channels "Hard to stomach"

To keep it on topic, I never watch Voom Ultra. :down

BUT I do watch other channels like; Monster, Kung Fu, Equator & Family Room.

As Minsk1 said, " Leave V* alone already"

Scott, I couldn't be more with you !!

I will take my voom content over the invisible HD, any freakin day of the week.

Some people are just plain .... Well, non educated when it comes to what an HD channel is..

Give the channel an HD label, and bang, it's HD because direct says it is. Like Speed HD, they say no HD til February, but is labeled HD, so it must be. Then they get mad because Dish doesn't have it, or the Direct Fanboys are so excited because they do.

We turn on Equator during Dinner each night, very relaxing to watch the awesome HD shots from all over the place.

We have a get together. We leave Equator in the background and I listen to the great comments in the background.

Rave HD Good
Equator HD Awesome
Gallery HD Dump
Animania HD Kids Like it
Rush HD Awesome
Ultra HD Dump
Monsters HD Good
HD News Good
World Sports HD Great
Family Room HD Okay
Treasure HD dump
Film Fest HD Okay
GamePlay HD Kids like
Kung Fu HD Kids watch alot

I could dump 4 or 5 of the Voom, but I could dump TBS and TNT too

Just last night, Equator was flying over California and brought back great memories of a work trip my wife and I made about 3 years ago. Was flying over same route we took of hwy 1 towards the Hearst Castle.

Last edited:
And did you see it once?
Like James Bond marathon in HD?
Spanish soccer live in HD?
Some great MonstersHD movies?
Music concerts on RaveHD?

Nope, nope nope :)

once in a few weeks there may be a band that I have interest in on Rave. I remember seeing Dream Theater on there... BUT I understand that this has very limited appeal to most people, so I would be willing to sacrifice the one a blue moon concert for something most people would enjoy.

It's nice that you would be willing to take those options darrencp22. However, alot of people feel the oposite to your opinions. I also never watch any of the shopping channels or many other ones, but to continually bash those channels or the Voom channels seems to me to be a waist of time and bandwith

bye for now!:hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff:

Scott, I couldn't be more with you !!

I will take my voom content over the invisible HD, any freakin day of the week.

Some people are just plain .... Well, non educated when it comes to what an HD channel is..

Give the channel an HD label, and bang, it's HD because direct says it is. Like Speed HD, they say no HD til February, but is labeled HD, so it must be. Then they get mad because Dish doesn't have it, or the Direct Fanboys are so excited because they do.

We turn on Equator during Dinner each night, very relaxing to watch the awesome HD shots from all over the place.

We have a get together. We leave Equator in the background and I listen to the great comments in the background.

Rave HD Good
Equator HD Awesome
Gallery HD Dump
Animania HD Kids Like it
Rush HD Awesome
Ultra HD Dump
Monsters HD Good
HD News Good
World Sports HD Great
Family Room HD Okay
Treasure HD dump
Film Fest HD Okay
GamePlay HD Kids like
Kung Fu HD Kids watch alot

I could dump 4 or 5 of the Voom, but I could dump TBS and TNT too
You don't need to dump anything. No one has to give up any content if you just combine some of these channels and make them even more attractive to carriers. WHy not watch BMX pig right after La liga on the same channel and ax the red rover come on over type games, or other silly junk on Worldsport? Change the name of the station if you need to. WHy not combine Ultra and Treasure and gallery? Why not combine gameplay and animania? Seems to me that the goal is to make money and they can do that by getting picked up by cable and D* if they combine channels to have more compelling content. This issue really pisses me off becuase I love some of the content on these channels, yet they have spread it so thin that carrier in their right mind is going to dedicate that much bandwidth to all of them except E* who is now got to be sorry they did..

You don't need to dump anything. No one has to give up any content if you just combine some of these channels and make them even more attractive to carriers. WHy not watch BMX pig right after La liga on the same channel and ax the red rover come on over type games, or other silly junk on Worldsport. Change the name of the station.? WHy not combine Ultra and Treasure and gallery? Why not combine gameplay and animania? Seems to me that the goal is to make money and they can do that by getting picked up by cable and D* if they combine channels to have more compelling content. This issue really pisses me off becuase I love some of the content on these channels, yet they have spread it so thin that carrier in their right mind is going to dedicate that much bandwidth to all of them (except E*).

Agreed. This would free up a lot of space. Why not have monster and kungfu movies in with the flim channel? Have a block or day allocated to a different theme. THEN what you have is a decent channel and more interest. The best part is, for the voom-lovers, you wouldnt lose anything with how much is currently repeated.

I have a great idea!

Let's combine all of the channels that YOU like the most into one channel so that it will free up band with for the channels I like.

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

I have a great idea!

Let's combine all of the channels that YOU like the most into one channel so that it will free up band with for the channels I like.

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

I hate to break to to you. But if you take the amount of people who watch these compared to the amount of people who could do without it... it wouldnt be a very unfriendly number.

Voom was acquired as a way to build an HD inventory up fast when there was very little out there. It has outlived its usefulness.

I really don't think you have a clue about what you are talking about. I doubt that very few people that have access to the voom stuff that watch more than just ABC, NBC, CBS would tell you that Voom should go. It's a great option if you want it.

I say, take off any channel labeled as HD that has less than 3 hours of HD content per day. I bet Directs lineup would really fizzle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts