voom.com...Alive!!

Yep and I logged onto "my voom" and got into my account. Everything seems to be working and back to normal. Now the questions are.......why?.....and.....how long?

The only thing missing is the section to order new service with the details about pricing and installation costs.....it says to call Voom directly.

Either they are updating this page, or they want people to call for a reason. Someone should call and pose as a new customer and ask what their current install offer is.

Clicking on the "Get It" button brings up this:

This page is currently unavailable.
For customer service inquiries, please call 1-800-438-VOOM.

Well it seems someone has confidence about what is going to happen on Monday.

This is very positive, something has happened

Otherwise they would not have brought it live

I thought for sure nothing would have happened until after Monday, one way or another

This is a very good omen

Actually, it seems that CVC has rethought their strategy. They must keep the website up for their customers at least until they shut down, for contractual reasons and to at least seem to be catering to them. This probably has nothing to do with next Monday. However, I am willing to take it as a good sign.

Not only that but programming information was updated for March 2005. Now they need to put back the ads to re-direct back to Voom.com. What a comedy? :)

Someone should be starting a novel. This is all so worthy of Stephen King. Objects disappear....reappear....disappear again only to return in another form. There is one dead guy, and Shakespearean family twists and turns. Some things are pronounced dead...only to come back to life. I wish I could skip to the last page to see how it all ends.

under channel listening they added they following:

*STARZ! Encore will be discontinuing Encore HD East and West feeds as of March 31, 2005.

Alto101 said:
The only thing missing is the section to order new service with the details about pricing and installation costs.....it says to call Voom directly.
This is what J. Dolan and Rutledge SHOULD have done on Monday 2/28 ... leave the website up and running but remove the ability to order new service via the website. Instead, they had the webmaster completely destroy the value of the website (and thus hurt the goodwill/marketing potential of the business as a whole) by putting up the childish "VOOM is no longer taking customer orders and will shut down by the end of March."

Alto101 said:
Either they are updating this page, or they want people to call for a reason. Someone should call and pose as a new customer and ask what their current install offer is.
Has nothing to do with updating the page and nothing to do with new install offers. Website orders are apparently processed by VOOM employees, while the toll free phone numbers are staffed by a contractor's employees. VOOM can't immediately cancel its contract for telephone customer service, and probably there is at least a 30 day, if not 60 or 90 day, cancellation notice requirement. So CVC/VOOM is going to have to pay for the telephone CSR's through and past the end of March into April, and might as well have them take phone calls for now while the future of VOOM is still uncertain.

But the website is different ... if CVC/VOOM is directly responsible for its maintenance and for website install orders, why not save some money during this uncertain period by referring potential customers to the telephone CSR's.

Also, if someone orders VOOM via the website, and there is a controversy about the order not being fulfilled because VOOM discontinues its service, CVC/VOOM can't blame it on a contractor. With the telephone customer service, CVC/VOOM always has the option of blaming something gone wrong on a third party.

jeslevine said:
under channel listening they added they following:

*STARZ! Encore will be discontinuing Encore HD East and West feeds as of March 31, 2005.

I see it too. That's a step back for HD channels convertion if Starz is discontinuing Encore HD. Encore HD produced more HD content than Starz HD. I am going to send an email to Starz asking if this is true and why. I suggest every HD Enthusiasts to send an email to Starz and ask why. This going back in the HD transition and not going forward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)