voom.com...Alive!!

Sean Mota said:
janardone,

here we go again what this has to do with the topic at hand. I am going to start deleting the OT posts because can't follow simple instructions. Very sad. If you want to star your own thread with the complaints do it but do not do it in a thread that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I was responding to that guys post. If his post was off topic then send him a message too and delete everything off topic.

jnardone said:
I was responding to that guys post. If his post was off topic then send him a message too and delete everything off topic.

I just did...

To everyone:

Keep on topic or your post will dissappear without warning.

MarcelV said:
Voomllc.com and newvoom.com now being redirected back to voom.com. So, how long will that last again :) But good sign, IMHO

It appears to me that it's replicating the site, not redirecting to it. Maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, I don't think this happens in the middle of the night because someone remembers they have to pay a call center. I strongly suspect that it is very, very good news.

compson said:
It appears to me that it's replicating the site
If you take a look at the source of the top line, so will see 'http://www.mcsqd.com/voom/'. If you go there, it's a redirect to Voom, no replication. But I agree completely with you, it's a very, very good sign!!!
Why would someone do this in the middle of the night if there wasn't going to be a Tuesday..... Just call me an optimist. :)

victap said:
The CSR numbers have changed, too. it used to be 1-800-GET-VOOM (438-8666); now it is 1.866.931.VOOM. Call me paranoid; but, in the business world this looks like the last days of Voom.
Sorry, the 866 number has been around for a while.

Go Voom !!!

Latest Voom HD LLC banner and letter to potential new customers !!

Have a look in the Breaking News thread.

This is a good sign, people.

softwiz said:
My wife is pretty POed about lsing Encore HD East!!! I looked on the Starz sight and they say nothing about discontinuing it. Hmmmmm

Me thinks if Chuck pulls this rabbit of of his hat that someone's going to have to pay for all this in the future and if I remember correctly Voom subs did not see a price increase as yet this year, yet...

Also wondering how much they plan on charging for even more HD?
Will be interesting to see in several months eh.

My take on the website coming back is that perhaps the negotiations between Chuck Dolan and E* concluded late Friday with a positive outcome - they reached an agreement for a temporary lease of Rainbow-1 until the transition to AMC6 can be completed.
That was perhaps the last critical piece of the puzzle for VOOM survival. Therefore, they decided to re-activate the website. That means that Monday meeting is simply Chuck officially reporting to the board and sealing the VOOM HD LLC deal. :)

I am glad you said it is your take and opinion. I hope you are right, but there could be more surprises in all this. Those new board members are not flunkies for Chuck. They are shop and also visionaries on their own in communications. Malone Liberty communications has over 45M subs worldwide. 45M. Puts D* to shame with that. So anything can happen and probably will.

Yes but you and I both know that Chuck would not have choosen to put these men on the board if he didn't have something up his sleeves. Also, these men must have talked to Chuck and agreed to a deal for being added to the board. In addition, he may be trying to save cablevision as well as VOOM. The men know what their talking about so as the old phrase goes, when someone is talking you shut up and listen. These are the men that will be doing the talking at the next board meeting, in my opinion.

"Therefore, they decided to re-activate the website"

I'm still not there. Reactivating the portions of the site that are back up is a courtesy to the current subscribers, at best, and may be based on nothing more than allowing people to pay there bills.

You can't sign up for service there.

It's time to sit back, relax, and stop trying to read some sort of hidden meaning into every butterfly fart that blows by.

Monday will come soon enough :)

Lob

In my opinion, they only opened the site up for one reason. Because newvoom.com is redirecting there. And if voomllc will control the new company, dolan probably told the board and cablevision to put it up so his new business could keep thier own site up. I am willing to bet as soon as voomllc.com and newvoom.com go up on thier own with thier own links, voom.com will be a goner again. Just my thoughts, though.

My opinion

Since they extended the 'deadline' to march 7, Charles told them that their shutting down the website now (before 3/7) was detrimental to his possible new business and unfair to his proposal.

So they put it back up until 3/7, the 'drop dead' date

I fully expect it to go away 3/08 at 12:01am

Either voomllc.com will be up, or they will all be dead.

Lobstah said:
"Therefore, they decided to re-activate the website"

I'm still not there. Reactivating the portions of the site that are back up is a courtesy to the current subscribers, at best, and may be based on nothing more than allowing people to pay there bills.

You can't sign up for service there.

It's time to sit back, relax, and stop trying to read some sort of hidden meaning into every butterfly fart that blows by.

Monday will come soon enough :)

Lob
Early Saturday morning is a strange time to decide to be courteous. It would have been easy enough to add a message to this website that VOOM is no longer taking new orders, the same message that's been on the website for days. I think you're underestimating the significance of this, but we'll see.

philhu said:
My opinion

Since they extended the 'deadline' to march 7, Charles told them that their shutting down the website now (before 3/7) was detrimental to his possible new business and unfair to his proposal.

So they put it back up until 3/7, the 'drop dead' date

And they made that decision overnight on Friday night? Seems odd.

Lobstah said:
Can we make that "quote of the year". :D

The late Friday night change at voom.com could have been simply when the webmaster got around to making the changes removing the GET IT section and other signup advertising from the site.

JL

I agree with Philhu on why its back up but disagree that it will go away on 3/08. If Dolan Sr manages to pull this off he will purchase the voom.com domain name as well. Why would cablevision want it anymore anyway? My guess is that he put up the voomllc.com and newvoom.com sites because cvc threatened to shut down voom.com or he at least expected they would do so. Just another example of Dolan thinking ahead!

Got My VOOM Bill today!!!!!

When I pay it it will take me to March 28th (end of my billing cycle)... :yes

I think CDolan put up the Voomllc site, simply because he was showing JDolan that he could and would keep going with his intentions, regardless of CVC's plans. I thought it interesting though that the board sent him a letter about it. And I also find it interesting that, when you read the SEC section at CVC's website, that CDolan and his trust have been rearranging ownership of their stocks since the last part of January. What does all this mean? I dunno, but Monday I'd sure like to be a fly on the wall in that meeting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts