VOOM CSR: Motorola HD DVR due in Q1, 2005

queefer said:
So you never made it as a mod. I remember you hammering on Red UFO who said the exact same thing about no DVR until march 2005 or later. Now it looks like 2006 in reality. So you wanted more Voom timing didn't work out. So you had a hissy fit and cancelled?

I hope voom makes it and I'll be back if they get their crap together with a decent price.
If you look back at just a few of my posts, you will see that I do my best to objectively state the good, the bad and (in some cases) the ugly. It is no secret that VOOM is not at the top of my Christmas Card list. Mod? To be honest, you couldn't pay me enough to be a moderator on this Forum! These guys work-off their collective arse dealing with the likes of Red UFO and others. I can be extremely protective and nurturing toward the 90% who follow the rules and show common courtesy...however, I have little patience and absolutely zero tolerance toward the 10% who continuously open their yaps only to pollute and dilute this Forum. You haven't seen me hammer anyone on this Forum!

Anyway, to answer your absurd comment about my having a "Hissy Fit"...you should probably read my rather lengthy posts over the past few weeks and see how I FINALLY come to this decision. This was a 6+ week evolution and certainly not a hasty, willy-nilly decision to terminate service as you claim. In fact, you will notice that I originally cancelled service on 18 November. So tell me chumly, how can you possible justify any of your psycho-babble? You just can't!

I have been posting this very same message for weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks. It is true that I am upset with some of VOOMs policies, practices and customer service...but for you to somehow conclude that I had a "Hissy Fit and cancelled" service is nonsensical, absurd, preposterous, and void of logical thought....wouldn't ya think? I've added the following links solely for your edification:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=253646&postcount=47(concludes the process)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=247241#post247241
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=245476&postcount=12
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=242311&postcount=4
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=242029&postcount=1
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=238444&postcount=6
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=236412&postcount=44 (begins the process - notice how I cancelled on 18 Nov)

While I have been hopeful, I have occasionally been extremely critical of VOOM and their DVR. Perhaps the reason I (according to your expert assessment), hammered Red UFO was due to his/her/its troll like behavior: inability to provide constructive criticism, does not try to help others, and whose lack of character is evident in each and every negative posting. Anyway, it would probably serve you well to read the following thread I started on the DVR delivery date:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=32099

Lastly, if you have any recollection of Red UFO, then you are probably birds of a feather and fly together (assuming you are not Red UFO in disguise?). To the best of my recollection, Red UFO was one of the 10% I mentioned above; a troll extraordinary!!! I will not waste any more time on you since your post speak volumes.

P.S. Happy Trollidays!!!

riffjim4069 said:
Lastly, if you have any recollection of Red UFO, then you are probably birds of a feather and fly together (assuming you are not Red UFO in disguise?). To the best of my recollection, Red UFO was one of the 10% I mentioned above; a troll extraordinary!!! I will not waste any more time on you since your post speak volumes.

P.S. Happy Trollidays!!!
riffjim4069. I think you cancelled Voom for legitimate reason and are a valuable member of our forum. You shouldnt react to anyone that names themselves after a female genital fart.

slacker9876 said:
Come SpaceWay 1 ... the decision will be quite clear. For now Voom has it by number but I have always thought D* kept the best content.
Spaceway 1 will be the beginning of years of adding hundreds of locals in HD. Doesnt offer any clear decision for me. It will probably result in even more downrezzing than D* is doing now.

vurbano said:
riffjim4069. I think you cancelled Voom for legitimate reason and are a valuable member of our forum. You shouldnt react to anyone that names themselves after a female genital fart.
Thanks! And you are probably correct. :) I really do like VOOM, but their business practices are giving me a headache. !sadroll The bottom line is our single receiver will be gathering dust until Spring and VOOM appears to be going out of their way to avoid providing me with additional receivers without jumping through hoops. Again, how foolish is it not to extent this offer to current customers without requiring them to first cancel service - this sets a bad precedence. How long does it take to quickly state the terms & conditions of the offer in an e-mail and hit send? Why don't they stop wasting our time and post this offer on their website? Finally, why don't they properly train CSRs so they are at least playing in the same ballpark?

They are certainly doing some things better (70 HD channels in March, making use of the SES Americom transponders, using VOOM installers down in South Florida)...but why can't they post status updates in the monthly newsletter and why in the heck can't they post firmware problems on their website and keep us advised of problem via e-mail. Really! This costs next to nothing. Can you imagine your friends, parents or grandparents living through 7.26 'Caller ID' or 6.20 'Weak OTA' hell sporadically locking up their receivers without the aid of this of this Forum? Just send an e-mail and get the info to the CSRs as-soon-as-possible. Better yet, get rid of the Motorola STB and their support staff because they certainly aren't cutting the mustard..

vurbano said:
Spaceway 1 will be the beginning of years of adding hundreds of locals in HD. Doesnt offer any clear decision for me. It will probably result in even more downrezzing than D* is doing now.

Ya that dude really good his panties in a bunch for nothing. Perhaps I hit a sore spot? See ya on the D* boards. :D

I haven't read through all of these posts, so forgive me for not being part of the "group thinking." I really want a DVR that records HD, but what are my options? A Direct TV DVR @1K? I've researched my HD options (in the Bay Area) and have concluded that VOOM is the best bang for the buck. Sure, Comcast will "almost" have a DVR "really soon," but they can't even offer me HD now. So my HD allegiance is with VOOM. I trust they're doing what they can, when they can. I don't have a better HD option where I live, so I feel they deserve my support.

Voom has their problems but that isn't just Voom. Between BHN, DirecTV and Voom I've had various problems but sadly to say Voom is the only company that couldn't fix the double billing issue but other than that their prices and right in line with DirecTV. DirecTVs total choice premier is about the same price as Vooms VaVa Voom package. Granted Voom doesn't have all the channels in SD that DirecTV does but what they have in HD makes up for those other SD channels that DirecTV has that I will never watch.

What I hate now is if Voom had a DVR I would drop DirecTV 100% and only add the base base package for the 4 months to get Sunday Ticket. But for now I'll enjoy my HD Tivo until such time as I'm with Voom but I might have to face the music that Voom might not be around for a long time. I'm hoping that Microsoft might buy Voom because I'm very anti-Microsoft on many things but this one I'm not against. I don't want Dish Network in control of Voom considerin Charlie's past HD thoughts but Gates is flatout a home theater nut and he has the dollars to move it further at least more than Charlie does. I want Microsoft to take over Voom just because it would be very interesting and funny watching Bill Gates and Rupert Murdock going at each other tooth and nail. That would help us customers with DirecTV and Voom but sadly to say Dish Network would be left behind but that Charlie deserved it because I've never seen one man be so clueless in my entire life. If Murdock could see the light about HD than why can't Charlie. Now to set this straight I never saw Murdock as being anti HD Technology but he wants to make money and back than HD wouldn't make him enough money but now HD can and does make him money so he now embraces HDTV. Remember this one thing about Murdock he is first and foremost all about money so if HDTV in his mind will make him tons of money expect him to go nuts with adding and upgrading our HDTV services. Now granted it might take time but he will do it better than anyone else and he has the money to outspend everyone else.

That is the end of my long rant but the bottom line is Voom needs Microsoft right now to help Voom and HDTV and to get Murdock always looking further than he wants to right now. Murdock can still kill Dish Network with Voom with his wallet but Microsoft with Voom is a whole other story he can't buy out Microsoft and their wallets are about equal as well.

Here is the latest response from Voom as to when the DVR will be available:
Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
when the hd recorder will be available? I love voom and want to be able to time shift. ...

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Michelle) - 12/20/2004 04:47 PM David,

We are actively working on and testing our HD-DVR, and we expect to release it in the first half of 2005. However, its exact release date and pricing have not been set at this time. The VOOM HD-DVR will have multiple tuners, allowing you to record a program while watching a live program or one that you’ve previously recorded!

Thank you again for choosing VOOM - the leader in High Definition programming!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts