Voom Dish for Dishnetwork

cpdretired

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 6, 2003
Lemont, Il.
I know this has been brought up before but I can't find the tread. I have Voom and Dish. The Dish LNB is a quad. The Voom LNB is a dual LNB with only one output being used for Voom. The other is not used.

I am only interested in receiving the HD feed from New York. I live in Chicago so I can receive the channel.

Here is what I would like to do. I only want to use the LNB feed that is comming from the Dish 500 going into my HDTV. The three other wires are to other TV's in the house. What type of switch do I need to do this?

I did connect the Voom RG6 to the 811 an the signal is about 100.

what type of Quad do you have, a Legacy or DishPro??

If its Legacy, then all you need is a SW21...one line from the quad into "1" of the SW21 and the other line from the 61.5 to "2"...run that to the receiver

If its DishPro....then its a little more complicated...need more parts

Iceberg said:
what type of Quad do you have, a Legacy or DishPro??

If its Legacy, then all you need is a SW21...one line from the quad into "1" of the SW21 and the other line from the 61.5 to "2"...run that to the receiver

If its DishPro....then its a little more complicated...need more parts

I did a switch check and it only states 500 quad. The dish is on the roof. From the ground it looks like either the Legacy Quad or Dish Pro Quad. In the link they both look alike. Is there a visible data plate on the LNB that will tell you which type it is? If so I can get a ladder out tomorrow and look.

In the equipment list on my contract the installer just wrote "Quad".

http://www.dishstore.net/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=lnb&x=5&y=9

Since it says 500 quad, its Legacy. If it was DishPro, it would say "dp-quad"

All you would need is a SW21 siwtch and attach one line from the quad and the 61.5 together and run to the receievr..

simple 15-20 minute job :)

Iceberg said:

All you would need is a SW21 siwtch and attach one line from the quad and the 61.5 together and run to the receievr..

Thanks for the help. I'm going to order one.

Iceberg said:

Iceberg I just received the SW21 today. I allready had the cable ran from the Voom LNB. I hooked it up and ran a switch check. All the 61.5 channels that I could receive came in.

I did have to call Dish and have them authorize CBS HD. Another switch check was necessary to view the channel.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the help.

Ron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts