voom dishes popping up everywhere!!

I would be really surprised if there is another Voomer besides me in my entire town -- Santa Rosa, CA -- population about 150,000. I would swerve and probably wreck my car if I ever saw a Voom dish on another house! :eek:

The Sears in our town has a pathetic Voom display, or at least they did last Summer. I'll bet they haven't sold a single Voom system.

But VICKI you have a great idea, and I like your spirit!! @party

I will be with Voom right to the end. There is no serious alternative!

VOOM.... Finally, TV worth watching!

There's lots of dishes where I live aimed at 61.5

....of course, they're all for the must carry locals on Dish :D

what do you think dish is gonna do with rainbow 1. Are they going to move the programming from the old echostar satellite to rainbow1 (ie the internationals and christian channels) or are they going to put the standard lineup on it?

voombot said:
what do you think dish is gonna do with rainbow 1. Are they going to move the programming from the old echostar satellite to rainbow1 (ie the internationals and christian channels) or are they going to put the standard lineup on it?
it has spotbeam capabilities so it may be locals

Maybe Dish Network could lease the space to SkyAngel since they want to expand their operations.

why would they move that programming to the new satellite if the old one is working fine. Doesn't make sense to spend 200 million just for aging hardware. It seems it would make more sense if they use the capacity for HD and move all their HD programs to it.

Stargazer said:
I dont see any VoOm dishes around here and I dont expect to see any either seeing how it is made just for HD and people around here are not going to go out and buy themselves an expensive HD television. They will wait until the prices come down forced to get one. Dish Network and DirecTv have pretty well dominated here.
People don't have to have a HDTV to watch Voom programming and their SD is way better than anyone else.

I still have Dish and when I have guests over I always here them remark "I wish I had a HD set so I could get voom" and I tell them that Voom's SD is way better than Dish's and prove it by showing them Dish vs Voom SD.

1080iBeVuMin said:
I would be really surprised if there is another Voomer besides me in my entire town -- Santa Rosa, CA -- population about 150,000. I would swerve and probably wreck my car if I ever saw a Voom dish on another house! :eek:
Likewise...Rocklin...population about 30,000 by now, but growing fast with VERY affluent housing! I've lived in an older section of town for about 23 years, and most of my neighbors are retired, but they're not all dead...however, all those old TVs are gonna die someday!! :yes
1080iBeVuMin said:
But VICKI you have a great idea, and I like your spirit!! @party!
Thanks! And, besides, just like with VOOM...it will be a win-win situation, whatever happens!! :D

1080iBeVuMin said:
I will be with Voom right to the end. There is no serious alternative! VOOM.... Finally, TV worth watching!
Amen, and Amen!! The 22nd can't get here soon enough for me! :clap :lick

Vicki

Bfg

I heard Dish is going to use the spot capability of R1 for beaming redundant HSC programming to all their loyal customers. :yes

I was driving down the street a few months ago, and noticed a Voom dish. It really surprised me.. so, I took a quick look at the building it was attached to, and saw a big VOOM ad in their window. Aparently it was a satellite installation shop. That's the only one other than mine I have seen so far.

my installer told me that he just installed voom about two blocks away from my house

I've done my part for Voom yo, Super Bowl was at Dvlos's house.. Tyson fight was at Dvlos's House, Return of the King night was at Dvlos's house...

There are two friends planning to buy a HDTV in the next 5-6 months I'll make sure they are Voomers (South Florida Voomer BOOM!)

Well, in my neighborhood, there used to be two Voom dishes (mine and some other guy's). Now, there are none.

Voom will likely get me back if/when the DVR finally comes out (and they have ESPN2-HD). We'll see about my neighbor. ;)

I used to have Voom, along with 5 others in my townhouse complex. Now, nobody does. I have no idea why everyone else cancelled but Voom will get me back when the have a DVR and add my RSN. Bottom line is I still want to watch the cubs and be able to record shows. Voom is darn near perfect, just not perfect for me yet.

Way to GO!!!!!!!!!!

:up :up :up
Dvlos said:
I've done my part for Voom yo, Super Bowl was at Dvlos's house.. Tyson fight was at Dvlos's House, Return of the King night was at Dvlos's house...

There are two friends planning to buy a HDTV in the next 5-6 months I'll make sure they are Voomers (South Florida Voomer BOOM!)
Keep up the good work Dvlos!! :clap :clap :bow :bow :clap :clap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts