Voom Exclusive Channels PQ

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Does anyone else notice that Voom's Exclusive channels look a little grainy. Is this normal? Disc-HD, ESPN-HD, and Bravo-HD all look like true HD. I'm even talking about Equator-HD having the grainy effect.

Not here. Sometime when you have an older film it will not be as good HDTV on HBO or STARZ or a newer one. But just tonight I was remarking how Equator looks better than Discovery HD on my Home Theater. Be sure you have your STB in 1080i mode. And your set should be calibrated.

Discoveryhd often looks blurry, like its low bandwidth through a filter. Equator had has noise all over it like picture elements are grainy or moving. Rather than turn up the bandwidth I think voom uses some kind of filtering, dulls the picture a bit. Equator is new, I guess they havent gotten to that one yet. Or it just may be the inferior Dechipher II technology and the low power they broadcast at.

Yes, they are grainey, it's the nature of the old films, but as vurbano pointed out, there is noise induced somewhere which seems to emphasize the grain.

Darrell, the man who gets things done. First the highly practical antenna, now the noise reducer. Pure genius. I hope you ordered before you posted, only 25 available. You know the phone lines are about to blow up. :)

squicken said:
Darrell, the man who gets things done. First the highly practical antenna, now the noise reducer. Pure genius. I hope you ordered before you posted, only 25 available. You know the phone lines are about to blow up. :)
Thank yuh very very much, I do what I can for humanity, I hate to see people suffer. :cool:

I ordered 2 so I'd have a spare, or in case one was not enough for EquatorHD. :D

This thread is meant to be in a humorous spirit, but dang, I just may have to sell my pj and buy a 32" flat screen and view it from 12' away if Voom doesn't fix the mosquito noise soon.

DarrellP said:
I ordered 2 so I'd have a spare, or in case one was not enough for EquatorHD.

That's mean darrellp, even Conjuror doesn't have heart to say it :p !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)