VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I dont know if thats true but it sounds true considering the way events happend. I just wish I knew something, I mean I just want it back but I dont think that will happen.

I did read about FIOS and the 6 channels, but I also saw in the article Directv may be interested as well. This is what I like to hear because they will have channels Dish may not be able to have and hopefully that will cause Dish to try and get Voom back to compete. I know this is a stretch but I can dream lol.

Not much new happening between both parties. There was a compliance conference held on 23 Oct, but they probably discussed procedures, discovery issues, handling of company sensitive information, etc. The only thing eFiled with the court was VOOM's law firm service notice of an addres change. Apparently they are moving from the Madison Avenue address to a lower rent district. In any case, VOOM and E* are both using two of the highest profile law firms in the country. With perhaps a half-billion dollars at stake, this case should be very interesting when the matter goes to trial.

Interesting that this thread coming back from the dead on Halloween. :p

Hopefully they get this resolved soon, so Dish and Rainbow can give us AMC and IFC HD. Mad Men in HD! :D

Interesting that this thread coming back from the dead on Halloween. :p

Hopefully they get this resolved soon, so Dish and Rainbow can give us AMC and IFC HD. Mad Men in HD! :D

I agree. I think dish would be happy to ad a couple Vooms back, plus add AMC and IFC.

Heard rumors Voom is getting close to a deal with U-verse. If less than 15 channels are added there, at least that gives Dish some leverage.

I agree. I think dish would be happy to ad a couple Vooms back, plus add AMC and IFC.

Heard rumors Voom is getting close to a deal with U-verse. If less than 15 channels are added there, at least that gives Dish some leverage.

I would have thought so at one time but now I'm not so sure. Apparently there is nothing written in stone where Rainbow is required to give the same carriage terms to all.
It was once stated that VOOM isn't anywhere else because to do so would jeopardize their suit against E* but I no longer believe that. Whatever terms Rainbow negotiates for others to carry VOOM would not invalidate their contract with E*.

I watched a Springsteen concert on Paladia the other night. Commercials were short, but I couldn't help but think how nice a show like this would have been on Rave.

Last edited:
I would have thought so at one time but now I'm not so sure. Apparently there is nothing written in stone where Rainbow is required to give the same carriage terms to all.
That's not quite true...VOOM was required to offer E* matching terms in the affiliation agreeement. If VOOM decided to sell the channels a la carte or at a discount, they would be required to extend this offer to E*. VOOM decided they would milk Dish Network vice break-up the entire 15-channel lineup.

It was once stated that VOOM isn't anywhere else because to do so would jeopardize their suit against E* but I no longer believe that. Whatever terms Rainbow negotiates for others to carry VOOM would not invalidate their contract with E*.
I believe this is correct. After 6-months of being off-the-air, I also think VOOM believes they have suffered enough (in a legal sense) and can prove significant damages against E* should this matter go to trail next August. I don't know. Perhaps the leadership at VOOM is getting tired of sitting on the hands and wants to do somethin other than wait on the outcome of a trail. Maybe we'll finally see the VOOM channles popping in some form or fashion on U-Verse, FiOS and Cable.

I also think there are other implications of an agreement. Since Dish wanted to carry fewer channels, an agreement would show Voom was willing to do that. It would show a lack of good faith negotiation on Voom's part, proving Dish's point. I also think Dish would jump on a similar agreement. If Voom refuses to cooperate because of the lawsuit, I don't think a judge would look too kindly on that.

Dish Message back on Voom web site

Remember that message on the Voom site telling Dish people to call Dish directly about the take down? Well it seems to be back..

Click here.

I guess they are still getting lots of e-mails.

Maybe Voom and Dish are talking----maybe Voom will be back on Dish---maybe next week will tell

Maybe Iam full of it

If Dish were to come back with VOOM, lets say 5 channels, then everyone would be in a riot because the one channel they wanted was not brought back :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts