VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Us Voomers dont hate people for having a different opinion, its the fact that we use this thread to talk about Voom its when people come in and complain about us talking about how we feel. If you feel we are beating a dead horse then dont read the threads.

Us Voomers dont hate people for having a different opinion, its the fact that we use this thread to talk about Voom its when people come in and complain about us talking about how we feel. If you feel we are beating a dead horse then dont read the threads.

Well, some people on here seem hate the fact my most wanted channel is Comedy Central HD. And a lot of you have issues with someone who wants channels that don't show commercial free, uncut, 100% HD programming.

I want to commiserate with each other, I guess I can live with that. Just don't be revisionist historians, acting like Voom programming wasn't a big part of the problem.

A great number of you are reasonable. EmpireState made a perfectly fair post, expressing his appreciation for Voom, but acknowlging Voom issues. But others, sorry, you go to far in your apparent hate of mainstream programming.

... sure it looked nice but it wasn't what most people wanted.

Most people don't want 90% of what we are being served now.

Your attitude is that if X percent of people don't want it, the rest who do be damned, but only remove Voom. Not the crap channels we are stuck with now.

Voom was all about Charlie trying to avoid payments so he would have money to pay his other bad gambles off, like Tivo.

You are clearly wrong but you can't stop yourself from bashing anything about Voom.

It seems that a few people are incapable of grasping this very simple concept. It's really amazing to me because my 4 year old granddaughter has already figured out that she can ignore the things she doesn't like. It's sad to think that some people can't be happy unless they are pissing on someone else.

Mario

Wrong, Charlie wanted out and he said so.

The truth lies somewhere in between. Back in Feb., customers could drop Voom and save $10/month. New customers could sign up for HD without Voom. We don't know how many chose to sub with HD but without Voom, but customers could have easily voted with their wallets. Of course, Charlie made the final decision, and he did have those numbers.

For those that don't recall, I WAS a Voom sub to the bitter end. I was AT100 with HD and Voom until the beginning of may. Less than a week before Voom was dropped, I switched to HD Only (now, HD Absolute), which, of course, had Voom.

I would call people that keep who keep reviving this thread from the dead the Voom trolls. I don't understand the hatred the "voomers" have for anyone with a different opinion.

Voom was a good for HD. It still could be if they did something with it. It was a joke at the end. sure it looked nice but it wasn't what most people wanted.

Thats funny...but for some reason, I don't recall any peaceful, nostalgic conversation between Voom-Haters ever being interupted by emotive negativity on the part of Voomers...its always the other way around. As if the Voom-Haters simply can't stand the thought of anyone actually having the nerve to like Voom! So the haters must right the wrong! And make sure they interject ever colorful bit of negativity they can into ANY positive or nostalgic conversation about Voom they can! :eek:

There is a time and place for everyone to freely voice their opinions, Spatch, however one should ask themselves if this may be the right time or place to freely voice theres. Thets not confuse hatred on the part of Voomers, for what is really just perfectly understandable annoyance. This thread did not seem like it was established with the intent of starting a warzone topic. ;)

It seems that a few people are incapable of grasping this very simple concept. It's really amazing to me because my 4 year old granddaughter has already figured out that she can ignore the things she doesn't like. It's sad to think that some people can't be happy unless they are pissing on someone else.

Mario

Post something I simply don't like, I'll ignore it. Post non-factual information or post opinion as fact, I won't. How's that?

Also, the same is true for the other side. Many have posted how they didn't care for Voom programming, and are immediately attacked as a Voom hater. Time for the Voomers to heed their own advice.

Post something I simply don't like, I'll ignore it. Post non-factual information or post opinion as fact, I won't. How's that?

Also, the same is true for the other side. Many have posted how they didn't care for Voom programming, and are immediately attacked as a Voom hater. Time for the Voomers to heed their own advice.

Wheres does wisecracking, sarcasm fit into the equation? :)

Wheres does wisecracking, sarcasm fit into the equation? :)
Well, that is always permitted of course:D

duty-calls.jpg

Well, that is always permitted of course:D

Well, you've accurately depicted about 90 percent of the posters around here... :D

But seriously, I don't think its too difficult to see how a difference of opinion can be considered disruptive to a peaceful nostalgic conversation, particularly when that interuption is in the form of a sarcastic pictoral telling everyone to 'shut the heck up', so to speak...

Thats why I suggested a Voom nostalgia forum or something. I too admit these Voom revivals can become a bit too much at times, but many people feel the need to still discuss the topic, myself included. If we have come to a point where certain subject is no longer considered relevant to an E* topic, or even possibly DISRUPTIVE to an E* topic, than its time to approach the problem constructively instead of destructively...

Just the thoughts from a weary poster who'd only desire is to have a peaceful conversation once in a while... ;):up

Well, you've accurately depicted about 90 percent of the posters around here... :D

But seriously, I don't think its too difficult to see how a difference of opinion can be considered disruptive to a peaceful nostalgic conversation, particularly when that interuption is in the form of a sarcastic pictoral telling everyone to 'shut the heck up', so to speak...

Thats why I suggested a Voom nostalgia forum or something. I too admit these Voom revivals can become a bit too much at times, but many people feel the need to still discuss the topic, myself included. If we have come to a point where certain subject is no longer considered relevant to an E* topic, or even possibly DISRUPTIVE to an E* topic, than its time to approach the problem constructively instead of destructively...

Just the thoughts from a weary poster who'd only desire is to have a peaceful conversation once in a while... ;):up

I tried months ago to be nice with these two. They just don't get it. The urge to piss people of is too strong. They must have 100 Voom posts already.

I tried months ago to be nice with these two. They just don't get it. The urge to piss people of is too strong. They must have 100 Voom posts already.

Actually, you're one of just 2 posters with more than 100 posts in this thread. I just post to (1) correct non-factual information posted by Voomers, (2) defend what I think was a wise decision by Dish, and, yes, (3) urge you to move on.

Here's everyone with 20+ posts

Bradp56 139 Apologist 115 Geronimo 92 8bitbytes 87 Spatch 84 psychicmind 71 Hemi 6.1 64 lern4483 62 riffjim4069 58 FitzAusTex 56 Sean Mota 46 airphotos 45 HDRoberts 34 M Sparks 34 Tom Bombadil 33 SmokeFan14 33 KAB 31 Scott Greczkowski 30 whatchel1 30 mperdue 29 Sammy033 28 Weezknight 23 yaz96 22 mike123abc 22 msmith198025 21 REY_1178 20 ekilgus 20

And I am proud of it as I miss Voom. Why not discuss topics that your interested in? I for one don't have time to waste thinking and writing about things I'm not concerned with.

Wow, 113 pages about Voom. If there was that much interest in the channels when they were available, I am guessing we would still have them. :D

(That said, I miss it. All HD all the time. )

Voom haters are those who not only didn't watch or like Voom but advocated that the channels be removed because they were wasting space needed for other channels.

There are no "mainstream" haters by that definition. The point of mentioning the substandard condition of a dozen or more "mainstream" channels is that a standard being applied by Voom haters to Voom programming is not being applied to those substandard channels.

Voom was and still is better than ANYTHING offered today by Dish and other providers.

There are many channels that only have one show I would even give a minute of attention to and those shows are reruns 95% of the time. I am not now and have not called for the removal of those channels as Voom Haters did and continue to verbally dance on Voom's grave.

Actually, you're one of just 2 posters with more than 100 posts in this thread. I just post to (1) correct non-factual information posted by Voomers, (2) defend what I think was a wise decision by Dish, and, yes, (3) urge you to move on.

Here's everyone with 20+ posts

Bradp56 139 Apologist 115 Geronimo 92 8bitbytes 87 Spatch 84 psychicmind 71 Hemi 6.1 64 lern4483 62 riffjim4069 58 FitzAusTex 56 Sean Mota 46 airphotos 45 HDRoberts 34 M Sparks 34 Tom Bombadil 33 SmokeFan14 33 KAB 31 Scott Greczkowski 30 whatchel1 30 mperdue 29 Sammy033 28 Weezknight 23 yaz96 22 mike123abc 22 msmith198025 21 REY_1178 20 ekilgus 20

You really took the time to generate that list? Wow.

There are a lot of channels that I never watch or have any interest in. Does it ever cross my mind to post in threads and constantly rip people who like these channels-NO.

Voom haters are those who not only didn't watch or like Voom but advocated that the channels be removed because they were wasting space needed for other channels.

There are no "mainstream" haters by that definition. The point of mentioning the substandard condition of a dozen or more "mainstream" channels is that a standard being applied by Voom haters to Voom programming is not being applied to those substandard channels.

Voom was and still is better than ANYTHING offered today by Dish and other providers.

There are many channels that only have one show I would even give a minute of attention to and those shows are reruns 95% of the time. I am not now and have not called for the removal of those channels as Voom Haters did and continue to verbally dance on Voom's grave.

You really took the time to generate that list? Wow.

I thought a mod would know more about vbulliten.:) Click the number of posts on the main page of the forum, and it gives you the breakdown. Control-c, then control-v, and I was done.

8bitbytes said:

I did watch Voom. I did like some channels. I never advocated fully yanking them, but advocated a consolidation of the channels (though I was just a lurker around here before the Voom takedown). So I guess I'm not a hater.

8bitbytes said:

Again, opinion, not fact.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CONGRATS ECHOSTAR! 922 wins best of CES award!

Just wanted to say THANKS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)