VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well its all over, at least I dont have to worry about it anymore, when my contract is over hello Directv.

Well its all over, at least I dont have to worry about it anymore, when my contract is over hello Directv.
Why change? Programming is pretty much the same on both services now - stretch-o-vision and commercial interruptions seem to be what the mass market wants these days.

NFL is a big factor, I may go to Comcast though for Fearnet and Howard on demand I am going to way my options though.

Yea its up in the air right now I will think about it, I am just a horror fan thats why I came to dish and chiller sucks Fearnet is pretty cool but i hate comcast lol.

Why change? Programming is pretty much the same on both services now - stretch-o-vision and commercial interruptions seem to be what the mass market wants these days.

Not all of us. I am enjoying plenty of HD without commercials on FIOS. They carry all 26 HBO/MAX HD multichannels (unlike DirecTV that has 3) and all the same Starz and more Showtime/TMCs. They have all the good commercial HD channels that DirecTV has, and more. Sure, DirecTV has the Viacom stuff, but they are just what you are complaining about, no HD.

Not all of us want stretch-o-vision crap. Voom really went downhill and gave Dish a reason to get rid fo them.

Voom should have consolidated to 3 channels and they would have been picked up by more providers. There attitude did them in. They wanted providers to carry ALL their channels. I'd have been happy with just Monsters HD or a consolidation into a few channels.

I have to agree with you on Voom. I am waiting for FIOS to come into my area and I may check it out.

With Howard talking about leaving Sirius early to save them money I dont know if the Howard TV route is going to last too long.

haha.... he is thinking of leaving early to save them money? Since when has he thought about anybody but himself? If he is so worried about saving them money he could work for 1% of his current pay and he'd still be fine. No?

Maybe Rainbow Media needs to take advantage of the domestic shutdown of VOOM by retooling and redirecting HD resources into their real networks (AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, We, etc.).

With VOOM doing so much regurgitation of repeated programming and repeating it even more it's no wonder why Dish dropped the channel package. Rainbow thinks they're going to get $1 billion out of E* in their lawsuit. Again, I think they need to increase their concentration on promoting and improving channels like AMC, IFC, etc. instead.

I would love for IFC to get monstersHD movies that would make me happy when I finally get IFCHD.

Cablevision will replace the 15 Voom networks with other HD channels, with that transition most likely coming in late January.
“We will replace these channels with other quality HD programming and there will be no reduction in the number of high-definition channels available to our iO TV customers,” a Cablevision spokesman said. “We currently offer 68 HD channels without any additional equipment or programming fees, unlike our competitors, and expect our HD lineup to continue to expand in the coming months.”
Sounds more like Cablevision got some deals done, and now needs the space. I have thought for a long time they were only on Cablevision to keep the count up.

But I suppose it will somehow be Dish's fault that Voom couldn't get a deal done with DirecTV, Comcast, Time Warner cable, Fios, Uverse, or any other provider.

Hopefully the good parts of their programming will be picked up.

Unfotunatley, this is not likely to improve Dish-Rainbow relations. IFC, AMC, and WE would be great HD pickups, but I suspect this makes that more unlikely.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)