VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I guess if don't like news. Its not much different then Espnews IMO.

I watch the news and my locals do more than cnn hd which is supposed to be a national hd channel. there is hardly anything hd in a 24 hour day on cnn hd. maybe they will get 80% of their programming in hd by 2010 (the year contact is made by cnn) but right now there is no news in hd on cnn hd.

World Sport is my favorite Voom channel, I would hate to lose it. Having La Liga in HD is great.

Yep, looks like they will downsizing the Voom channels. The Latino HD package still has the current Voom channels so the OP is correct.

Dish Latino

Dang it, I just changed to the Ultimate package on Friday. Oh well!

For those who don't see the changes:

Attachments

• DishHD Ultimate.jpg
    DishHD Ultimate.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 315
I had to hit refresh 5 times, but I see the changes. E* isn't the best about updating their website, so it might just be an error like a few weeks ago.

Yea ,this is what I'm seeing on my computer,So I'm not sure what these guys are talking about. Looks the same as it did 2 days ago.

Are you seeing all 15 VOOM channels listed? I only see 5 in the Ultimate package listing. One would think that Dish would have the logos for all 15 in the Ultimate package to make it look larger and worth the extra $10.

Maybe this is why we had 19 launch today. Perhaps VOOM notified Dish that they were going to discontinue 10 channels and Dish had to get replacement HD up ASAP before they lost the channel count. Perhaps we will wake up on the 15th to missing VOOM channels.

I think pulling 10 of them - overkill, I can see 5 or so, like many others, although it was on a loop, HDNEWS was great, in 12 minutes i could get all the news in the day I needed, across all platforms (world, national, sports etc!)

Question is, will all these channels still be available on IO? As in, will they totally downsize, or will they still be available off Dish?

Edit: People that cant see it, its probably your cache, clear it out!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)