VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is probably why they launched so many HD channels today. Otherwise, we'll still be going through each Wednesday waiting for the HD crumbs. :)

Yep. This will open up room for how many hd new channels?:D

I went from sad to greedy real fast.:)

I asked the PR department earlier today to verify or deny that rumor, they have not got back to me as of this time. (Email was sent to them in the early afternoon)

However I did speak to other contacts who did not know about anything leaving Dish anytime soon. So with this new wrinkle I dont know what to think.

I have just emailed the PR department again for a second time seeking clarification.

So we have a net gain of 12 HD after the loss of Voom. This will make an interesting news release

This shows you how much the left hand knows what the right hand is doing at Dish Network. They already updated the website and the channels have not even been removed. :(

This shows you how much the left hand knows what the right hand is doing at Dish Network. They already updated the website and the channels have not even been removed. :(

Thus again reveals Dish biggest weakness. Communication!!

Will Dish now take back the "over 95 hd channel " statement??:D

Thus again reveals Dish biggest weakness. Communication!!

Will Dish now take back the "over 95 hd channel " statement??:D
For all we know, we could see another set of uplinks on Wednesday to fill the slots that VOOM opened up. . .dish has been known for having "flexible" HD counts though

I hope they don't downgrade. I downgraded to the HD Only package and have already watched 2 films on the Voom HD Movies channel... that'd be very disappointing.

The Voom HD Movies was just renamed last week, I wonder if this one is a goner too.

It is not part of the 5 or 6 (which ever list you happen to look). I do not think I even saw a logo for it. Doesn't seem strange that Dish two different lists for their voom channels?

Way to go Dish. You figured out a way to still your own thunder!!!

Its mind-boggling to me that at the time they are making such a big deal about such a LARGE increase in psuedo-HD channels, they would axe some of their exclusive, pure-HD (or at least pure HD-Lite) channels.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

No reply back from their PR department yet...

I am headed to bed, I will post what I get if I get anything. Lets hope this is just a mistake.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)