VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe Dish wants to see what effect not having all the VOOM channels listed has on new subscriber acquistions, since they would like to get rid of all or most of the VOOM channels. Or it is simply a mistake when they updated the site, who knows?

Its mind-boggling to me that at the time they are making such a big deal about such a LARGE increase in psuedo-HD channels, they would axe some of their exclusive, pure-HD (or at least pure HD-Lite) channels.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I think VOOM did the cutting not Dish (well not directly). VOOM was not making money, and CVC now has other things to worry about (like buying Newsday today). Since VOOM did not win an injunction to force Dish to pay VOOM for every HD customer, they have probably been hemorrhaging. This is probably an emergency measure to try to save VOOM from going dark all together.

I think VOOM did the cutting not Dish (well not directly). VOOM was not making money, and CVC now has other things to worry about (like buying Newsday today). Since VOOM did not win an injunction to force Dish to pay VOOM for every HD customer, they have probably been hemorrhaging. This is probably an emergency measure to try to save VOOM from going dark all together.

That remains to be seen if CVC also does the same cut or keep them as well. CVC and Rainbow Media do not operate on the same budget. What CVC does do not necessarily impact Rainbow Media.

That remains to be seen if CVC also does the same cut or keep them as well. CVC and Rainbow Media do not operate on the same budget. What CVC does do not necessarily impact Rainbow Media.

15 VOOM channels are still listed on the channel lineup for CVC Brooklyn. It will be interesting to see if they drop off on Dish and not CVC.

I think it is a pure mistake, because if you go to the "Dish HD (3rd tab)" I could count 9 channels and kungfu channel is missing in that. Instead if you go to the "Ultimate Hd" page (2nd tab) the family channel and Gameplay channel are missing.

All together I could count 10 channels

I looked again and on the DISHHD only tab it has Monsters, Rave, Rush, Equator, Family room, and Gameplay. It does not have Kung Fu. On the DISH HD Ultimate Tab it has Monsters, Kung Fu, Rave Equotor, and RUSh. I do not know what the hell is up cause that makes no sense. Why would Gameplay and Family Room only be on DISH HD only package w/out Kung Fu but HD ULtimate has Kung FU but not Family Room and Gameplay. Something is not right.:confused:

So if we keep seven channels, based on the graphics at dish (rave, rush, monsters, equator, family room, gameplay, kungfu) they are probably counting on the following being somewhat "equivalent," at least to the uninformed consumer:

gallery, treasure = smithsonian, discovery
animania = cartoon network, disney, toon disney
vmovies = mgm, max, hdnet movies
wsport = espn?, wfn, vs/gf
ultra = maxhd (after dark) :D
filmfest = mgm, max, hmc
hdnews = cnn, cnbc

Pure speculation on my part. Maybe they didn't all fit in the graphic, or somebody made a mistake. I seriously doubt one package will have five and another have six, but leave out one of the first five.

I am watching Gameplay HD as I started reading this thread. No Gameplay HD?! I kill myself! On second thought, I'll go kill some terrorists in Counter-strike. Grrrrrr!:mad:

GamePlay HD has been a pretty good channel. I remember 1/2 year ago, D* was advertising that they had exclusive rights to the WGS Championships which I thought was the coolest. I know some of GamePlay's stuff is a bit outdated, but I watched a Starcraft, Warcraft III & Guild Wars Tournament shows. Was just looking forward to a special for World of Warcraft. I hope they keep it. It could be like G4TV but more focused on computer games instead of console games.

there is no equiv of UltraHD.. I know they repeat a lot, but other 1/2 really likes it.

As I recall June 30th the carriage agreement between Cablevision and Rainbow Media is up for renewal of VOOM. Although they are under the same umbrella, it won't be until then that Cablevision subs see anything. Although a notice is usually given 30 days prior of channels to be removed, since NY law allows for service downgrade or cancellation with no charge in that 30 day timeframe. So some sort of mailing would technically be going out at the end of this month, if Cablevision decided to not renew its agreement with Rainbow Media (itself, lol).

Was just watching HD NEWS.. 12 midnight hit.. its gone..

I've had Dish HD for only a month, was enjoying some of the VOOM channels, didn't become familiar enough with them to really know what I won't be getting anymore.

Slate and crawl is up at 9472 and 9486 with the news. Only have Rave, Equator, Rush, Kung Fu and Monster left.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)