VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK, was getting ready to bust on people for getting all worked up over nothing then BAM, most of the Voom channels just disappeared from my guide. WTF???

Unbelievable. They really dropped the ball. What's the point of the HD Ultimate Tier now?

Yup. And there's an explanation on the other channels about them being removed because those channels were "less popular."

(I might add there there is a grammatical error in E*s scroll with the notification. How professional!)

The Tech Chat guys were very disingenuous. We added 22 channels today... oh but let's not mention that we're pulling 10 other ones off the air tonight.

So they send out a press release about adding channels, but don't bother telling anyone they're getting rid of some? What idiots!

This sucks! I watched Gallery, Treasure, and FilmFest and World Cinema (now Voom HD Movies) very regularly, in addition to Equator. My excitement about today's HD additions, is seriously tempered by this loss...Voom was one of the primary reasons i went with E* over D*.

ummmm did anyone expect channels they got today b4 going to bed last night????? Could this mean more channels coming weds???? Folks complain about Voom stinking up the joint and they take it away and everyone moans...... Give it until after Weds folks might be surprised...

i was watching UltraHD and poof its gone.. crap.. now the guide updated itself and its blank.. man this sucks...

Ultra was only on Dish.

The Tech Chat guys were very disingenuous. We added 22 channels today... oh but let's not mention that we're pulling 10 other ones off the air tonight.

I really don't get that. It would have been nice for them to be upfront, instead tomorrow alot of people are going to be asking where the heck did my channels go. Thankfully there is Satelliteguys :D

o and world fishing network is lame. its letterbox 4:3.. ie 4 bars around screen.. what a crock

there is no equiv of UltraHD.. I know they repeat a lot, but other 1/2 really likes it.

+1

There is certainly no other HD Fashion channel, and it is something for which HD makes a big difference.

The "fallback" is " F " (actually "FTV") which is on FTA on 97 degrees international KU slot - but they keep threatening to make it subcriber-only and I stopped watching it when I had access to Ultra-HD.

This is the worst way to go about it - if the programming that is spread amongst all the Voom channels were packed into 5 or 6 channels, it would make awesome channels. Now we have 5 or 6 of the same endless repeating channels.

Also, Rush-HD is the worst of the Voom-HD channels. I actively like to watch the sports they show, but all of the programs are about events that were several years old (cf. Alpine Skiing). :(

From www.dishnetwork.com/hdupdate

Important Update:

DISH Network continues to be the leader in providing the best movies, sports and entertainment in High Definition. In order to provide you with top quality entertainment, DISH Network continually evaluates and at times, makes changes to our channel line-up. We are excited to announce the addition of over 22 new high definition channels which will provide our customers with top rated programming. As of result of these additions, we removed some channels that are less popular with our customers. These channels are not available with any other satellite provider. Watch for even more high definition channels over the upcoming weeks as DISH Network grows to over 100 of the best national HD channels by end of year.

These additions include:

• ABC Family HD (DISH Network Ch. 180)
• Biography HD (Ch. 119)
• Bravo HD (Ch. 129)
• Cartoon HD (Ch. 176)
• Cinemax 5 Star (Ch. 314)
• Cinemax HD West (Ch. 311)
• Comcast Sports Network Bay Area HD (Ch. 419)*
• Comcast Sports Network New England HD (Ch. 435)*
• CNBC HD (Ch. 208)
• CNN HD (Ch. 200)
• Disney HD East (Ch. 172)
• ESPNews HD (Ch. 142)
• Hallmark Movie Channel HD (Ch. 187)
• MGM HD (Ch. 385)
• Sci Fi HD (Ch. 122)
• Smithsonian HD (Ch. 374)
• Tennis Channel HD (Ch. 400)
• Toon Disney HD (Ch. 174)
• Travel Channel HD (Ch. 215)
• USA HD (Ch. 105)
• Weather Channel HD (Ch. 214)
• World Fishing Network HD (Ch. 394)

* Launches Wednesday, May 14th, 2008

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXACTLY! No one else has them, why get rid of an advantage???? 10 24/7 HD channels gone. Who the hell is running the show at DISH?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts