VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Even if true, this is only happening because of E*. VOOM would not be disappearing if E* had not pulled their plug.

So I think this is all the more reason to complain about it. E* may have killed VOOM and that is not a good thing for HD.

From my perspective the loss of VOOM made E* the inferior choice vs D*.

If VOOM can't stand on its own, it should not be in existance. Meaning if no other provider wants VOOM, why should Echostar. Direct does not want VOOM. It boils down to if any provider thinks they could make money on it they would have snapped it up in the first place.
http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6557973.html

just spoke with dish tech and they dont know what is going on. they set me up with an appt for this thursday for someone to come trouble shoot my vip 622 because i don't have all the VOOM HD channels (Monster/Kung Fu/etc.) Gonna charge me $29 for that? Like to see them fix it...

They should just quit answering the damn phone, this is pathetic!

If VOOM can't stand on its own, it should not be in existance. Meaning if no other provider wants VOOM, why should Echostar. Direct does not want VOOM. It boils down to if any provider thinks they could make money on it they would have snapped it up in the first place.
Judge Won’t Bar Dish From Moving Voom To Alternate Tier - 5/6/2008 12:43:00 PM - Multichannel News
The majority of the channels we have on any pay service are channels that COULD NOT stand on their own but are forced on us by a package deal contract. In fact, PBS couldn't stand on its own. It doesn't mean it isn't appealing to a percentage of the audience...

Has there been an announcement or are you speculating?I can't even verify that it was a one year deal.

Scott G. has said it in his podcast a couple of times and he has posted it in the publisher's forum several times. He has said that Cablevison's contract expires on June 30th and he says that they will most likely drop the Voom channels as they are to expensive to continue to run with a limited cable audience. I believe that they are free with cablevison so no new revenue coming in from DISH subs limits any more money spent on the channels.

The majority of the channels we have on any pay service are channels that COULD NOT stand on their own but are forced on us by a package deal contract. In fact, PBS couldn't stand on its own. It doesn't mean it isn't appealing to a percentage of the audience...

I am not denying that VOOM has cult appeal. I like at least 2 channels-Rave and game play. My contention is if the product is so good why is no other provider looking to put VOOM in there line up?
Correct me if I am wrong but are there other channel packages that NO provider wants?
I know we take the good with the bad but does VOOM generate any income by advertisement?

The problem there will be with Voom only wanting to market 15 channels and thats it they would be better off getting rid of a couple and market 8 or even 5 channels.

The problem there will be with Voom only wanting to market 15 channels and thats it they would be better off getting rid of a couple and market 8 or even 5 channels.

Which is what DISH wanted to do. Drop to the top 5 and continue business as usual. At 15 channels with very repetive programming and very little additional programming in the works they do not have much to market.

Scott G. has said it in his podcast a couple of times and he has posted it in the publisher's forum several times. He has said that Cablevison's contract expires on June 30th and he says that they will most likely drop the Voom channels as they are to expensive to continue to run with a limited cable audience. I believe that they are free with cablevison so no new revenue coming in from DISH subs limits any more money spent on the channels.

Not trying to split hairs but there is a difference between saying they "most likely" will not be renewed and stating that they ae gone on that date.

dish networks is to blame!

Even if true, this is only happening because of E*. VOOM would not be disappearing if E* had not pulled their plug.

So I think this is all the more reason to complain about it. E* may have killed VOOM and that is not a good thing for HD.

From my perspective the loss of VOOM made E* the inferior choice vs D*.

dish to me is to blam as they did zero to try to market it and they even charged a premium ontop of their normal HD premium! I will keep bitching and keep convincing others in my network to drop dish networks. I think people whom just let a company treat them like crap, charge more dollars for less HD and less channels, with terrible customer service are the ones that let these ivory tower executives get away with this behavior! :mad:

dish to me is to blam as they did zero to try to market it and they even charged a premium ontop of their normal HD premium! I will keep bitching and keep convincing others in my network to drop dish networks. I think people whom just let a company treat them like crap, charge more dollars for less HD and less channels, with terrible customer service are the ones that let these ivory tower executives get away with this behavior! :mad:

Go away already. You have to be the biggest cry baby I have ever seen. Give it up they are not coming back. :mad:

Seems to me Spatch that Cantonsurroundsound has as much right to post responses as you or anyone else on this board. If you do not like what someone says, ohwell!!!:p:p:p

see ya, bye.

Of course he has a right to post but when his comments cross a line others have a right to say that. At this point Canton has turned alot of people off.

Not trying to split hairs but there is a difference between saying they "most likely" will not be renewed and stating that they ae gone on that date.

and that is a huge difference. Someone's opinion will not dictate a fact. If I was a betting man, I will say that they will be on the air on 7/1/08. Any bets?

I am not sure but they are definately making a push to stay on. If they are still on my the first then I could see some light that they may be back.

Seems to me Spatch that Cantonsurroundsound has as much right to post responses as you or anyone else on this board. If you do not like what someone says, ohwell!!!:p:p:p

see ya, bye.

So how does your post differ from mine?

He has 60 some posts all getting progressively more whiny about Voom. He has gone as far as a borderline death threat against Charlie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CONGRATS ECHOSTAR! 922 wins best of CES award!

Just wanted to say THANKS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts