VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Perhaps not but many others have. no knock on them or you. Just an observation that the VOOM community while small is very vocal and very committed.

OK, cool.

You know it's that Monsters HD channel. Horror fans and even genera fans, which Voom catered to, are a little crazy obsessed. :dev

I was not at all surprised when a death-like threat was posted as a result of loosing Voom w/ Monsters HD. I'm sure a few serial killers in the making were very upsets with the loss of Voom too. - lol

I hate to say it, but I still miss being able to see classics like Friday the 13th or Halloween in HD on a boring afternoon. I miss it even more now because it's been gone for so long now.

Just an observation that the VOOM community while small is very vocal and very committed.
They said the same thing about Star Trek fans in the early 1970's. They went on to get movies and TV series' made that turned Star Trek into one of the most valuable franchises of all time.

Mario

They said the same thing about Star Trek fans in the early 1970's. They went on to get movies and TV series' made that turned Star Trek into one of the most valuable franchises of all time.

Mario
"VOOM III: The Search for Viewers"

It started the night they added your fishing channel, if I remember correctly.

that was ajoke, I was just suprised that this thread went this long with all 10 people who cared about voom, heck I don't even have the fishing channel anymore over here at Direct, but i have my locals in hd which is the best

Mario

On the other hand, just last year a small but loyal fanbase tried to save Jericho. They succeeded in adding a few episodes, but it was immediately canceled again.

Also, Star Trek was renewed more in the interest in its syndicated reruns, not a fan campaign.

Although I guess we are at Voom III. After all, we had Voom: The Endlessly Repeating Motion Picture, and Voom II: The Wrath of Charlie.

Aquarium

I miss the fish tank HD demo channel at Landrys.
That was awesome to sleep to!

I'm trying to get a 100 gallon aquarium then I don't have to miss that channel. Also then I have no need to watch WFN, I can just look at fish. Never been much into catching fish, one has to clean them afterward or set them free. Set them free just seem to me like why go to all that effort.

Sorry Voom, the minds of all those viewers you are looking for are a void. Someone else has all their marbles. Hmm, maybe thats why it works and many viewers simply forget they are watching repeats? Nah.

I'm trying to get a 100 gallon aquarium then I don't have to miss that channel. Also then I have no need to watch WFN, I can just look at fish. Never been much into catching fish, one has to clean them afterward or set them free. Set them free just seem to me like why go to all that effort.

So true. WFN has nothing on the fish tank demo channel. That was at least in high def!

On the other hand, just last year a small but loyal fanbase tried to save Jericho. They succeeded in adding a few episodes, but it was immediately canceled again.

Also, Star Trek was renewed more in the interest in its syndicated reruns, not a fan campaign.

Although I guess we are at Voom III. After all, we had Voom: The Endlessly Repeating Motion Picture, and Voom II: The Wrath of Charlie.

Jericho is in talks with Comcast for exclusive episodes to be shown on Comcast only for the first 6 months. Much like DirectTv did with 'Friday Night Lights' for next season.

Jericho was given a really low budget, causing many of the cast to be gone and the storyline changed drastically, and it was no longer appealing like the original show concept.

We will see what happens with Jericho III, the Wrath of Comcast :)

Quite a few shows have had stuff like this happen. Jeremiah and Odyssey 5 come to mind, where the management of a network, in that case, Showtime changed and the new management hated SciFi, so they made it hard to make good episodes by pulling budgets and cast.

You can make the argument about the programming on WFN, but you can't say that it's not in HD anymore. Maybe not 24/7, but a good amount of the time.

Ah, yes....The fish tank demo channel was all HD 24hrs a day.
Ill take that over WFN anytime..

I just love all HD 24 hours a day..Nothing better than that...

In any case I hope those of you who like it, continue to
enjoy it.

Its all about choice! Dish needs more choice not a clone of direc tv...:eureka

Its all about choice! Dish needs more choice not a clone of direc tv...:eureka

and a bad clone at that.

Worse picture and Direct has most everything Dish has and then some in terms of channels (and the much better sports packages for sports fans like myself)

I've stuck with Dish hoping that things would be worked out and Voom would be brought back...or at least that an agreement would be made for Monsters.. don't care that much about the others, now that it's obvious that's not going to happen... I'm planning on moving to Direct, even if it means paying out the butt to get out of my contract with Dish and then out of the butt again to Direct due to bad credit (damn bad credit choices in my youth.. still paying for them to this day)

I am with you, I am sticking around in hope but I guess the last hope is the court system and I am sure that wont help us anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)