VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am glad they are adding new channels, but I am not happy with them personally. Directv has all the good ones.

Scott, I know you felt guilty, thus opening this thread back up. It's time time to SHUT IT DOWN. Nothing but wound licking going on.

Today's announcement would have caused me to stop and reconsider. My favorite HD channels are movie channels and E* just announced a boatload of them. But as D* already has several of these, and I fully expect them to at least match and probably better this lineup once D11 is in operation, I'm not going to cry about it.

Yea we got our one thread for Voom why cant people be happy that they got the other ones closed, all we want is one thread but now you want to take that from us to. I pay to be a member and I just want one thread for something that I loved and now is gone. Scott keep doing what you are doing.

VOOM is most surely dead now, with the 17 new additions coming on 08/01. Not that I'm objecting to the new additions, for sure. I do love movies...

Yeah I think Voom has had it on Dish, for now anyway, but you never know. As a huge movie fanatic, I am most happy with the announcement of all the new HD movie channels....that's awesome. I have been following the schedules of some of the Starz and HBO alternate HD channels they are adding and there are some great movies shown on those that I havn't seen in HD anywhere else, especially the STARZ channels. What is nice is that according to the schedules, a good percentage of the movies are in true HD:) Today I am pleased.

VOOM is most surely dead now, with the 17 new additions coming on 08/01. Not that I'm objecting to the new additions, for sure. I do love movies...

But the endless repeats by the "Premiums" like Showtime. HBO, Straz etc of bad movies leaves me again to wonder, where is the compelling HD content? Has Charlie lowered his standards? Who will he sue next?

Scott, I know you felt guilty, thus opening this thread back up. It's time time to SHUT IT DOWN. Nothing but wound licking going on.

Whats wrong with wound licking? Isnt it supposed to help with the healing process? There are better things to lick but thats a whole 'nuther topic entirely :p

I think its called trolling. This guys is a troll. All he does is try to get Voomers upset.

I guess he has nothing better to do..

Hes a jerk. Poeple, we just need to ignor him.

After my comment, i will never respond to one of his foolish posts.

I would have liked to see TMC for sure. What about EncoreHD? Will it be available to people with the 250 or is it part of Starz only? As far as the premiums go they seem to basically rotate from month to month on their sister channels. IMO- and I will probably get flamed for this but all of these premiums are a waste of bandwith for people with DVRs. They are a nice addition I guess but they should concentrate on more national channels first. I would have like to see IFC also.

Encore EAST is part of the STARZ pack not the top 250- Forcing you to upgrade to starz if you want it. Smart to dangle that old hd carrot.

do you know what the channels are/have a link to some press release?

The channels are:

ActionMax HD (DISH Network Ch. 313)
CBS College Sports HD (Ch. 152)
Lifetime HD (Ch. 108)
Lifetime Movie Network HD (Ch. 109)
Planet Green HD (Ch. 194)
Encore HD (Ch. 340)
HBO 2 HD (Ch. 301)
HBO Comedy HD (Ch. 307)
HBO Family HD (Ch. 305)
HBO Latino HD (Ch. 309)
HBO Signature HD (Ch. 302)
HBO West HD (Ch. 303)
HBO Zone HD (Ch. 308)
Starz Comedy HD (Ch. 354)
Starz Edge HD (Ch. 352)
Starz Kids & Family HD (Ch. 356)
Starz West HD (Ch. 351)

Encore EAST is part of the STARZ pack not the top 250- Forcing you to upgrade to starz if you want it. Smart to dangle that old hd carrot.

Well that just sucks. I already have Cinemx and don't feel the need for HBO. So basically if you don't want starz/hbo these new additions are a waste.

And this is a bad thing?:D
Yes, chain yankers should check themselves at the door of all threads. I don't go into threads with the sole intention of contributing nothing, and to see whom I could anger. That being said, I have probably contributed nothing to certain threads, and pissed people off in certain threads, and have probably done so simultaneously in certain threads, but not intentionally, and never just to get a rise out of someone...

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts